"Tour of Champions" 2013

To dispel some myths/rumors...

The 2013 TOC shows are actually run by DCI.

MIM is not currently producing any shows.

People can put the pitchforks down.

So what does this mean? We have been told for three years now that everything the "G7", "The 7", and "MiM" have done was all necessary because they can run events better than DCI, and if big bad DCI would just let them show us how, then all corps could benefit from it. This was the whole point of having a special show series, removing BAC from it, incorporating it as Music and Motion, Inc., and so forth. Sure, it looked like a money grab on the surface, but each one of those steps was actually intended to develop a new model for event production that would somehow benefit all corps. At least, that is what we were told.

• Like 1

Man... and I thought the whole "Where was the World Open held?" thread was confusing. :tongue:/>

Only to one person.

• Like 2

With the advent of the recent designation change it appears that the branding 'DCI' is what really matters; and the corps lineup along with the show designation (toc, mim, brass impact, ...), while important, is secondary to the DCI association.

With the advent of the recent designation change it appears that the branding 'DCI' is what really matters; and the corps lineup along with the show designation (toc, mim, brass impact, ...), while important, is secondary to the DCI association.

I don't believe you can make this assumption based purely on the recent designation change. From this development, the only thing that changed was the "subtitle" of the shows. Instead of the shows being called "Drums Across Kansas", or "Music on the Move", or "Drums of Summer", or "Music in Motion", etc., etc. the subtitle is now called "Tour of Champions".

I understand the whole G7/MIM thing, but based on the show designation change alone, I don't see how you can make the conclusion that the DCI brand is what really matters.

So what does this mean? We have been told for three years now that everything the "G7", "The 7", and "MiM" have done was all necessary because they can run events better than DCI, and if big bad DCI would just let them show us how, then all corps could benefit from it. This was the whole point of having a special show series, removing BAC from it, incorporating it as Music and Motion, Inc., and so forth. Sure, it looked like a money grab on the surface, but each one of those steps was actually intended to develop a new model for event production that would somehow benefit all corps. At least, that is what we were told.

...but that's just what they say to get what they want. It's not reality! tongue.gif

This is the same technique used by DCI to sell fans on LOS, where there was an option of having the roof open yet never exercising that option...

It's the same type of thing to me really.

I don't believe you can make this assumption based purely on the recent designation change. From this development, the only thing that changed was the "subtitle" of the shows. Instead of the shows being called "Drums Across Kansas", or "Music on the Move", or "Drums of Summer", or "Music in Motion", etc., etc. the subtitle is now called "Tour of Champions".

I understand the whole G7/MIM thing, but based on the show designation change alone, I don't see how you can make the conclusion that the DCI brand is what really matters.

Where does he say that? The phrase "With the advent of..." implies one event in the context of other preceding events, so I doubt he is drawing conclusions based on just the name change.

Has absolutely nothing to do with this. It is simply a good faith compromise in effort to see what can be done to 'save the marriage'.

People on DCP read way too much into things and assume some grand conspiracy. It's just kid's marching band.

• Like 1

:fight:/>

haha!