Judges Tapes

I noticed there are several judges tapes on YouTube as well as on the fromthepressbox recap site. I would PAY to have the three drum judge tapes from 1987 Garfield Cadets (and SCV for comparison). Are they out there anywhere, or do they become the sole property of the drum corps?

If so, Cadets, I would PAY to have these! I have the sheets, but they aren't nearly as detailed. Ted Nicholeris wrote, "And that's the way you play THAT!!" Jay Kennedy's reads, and I quote, "Unf_ _ _ing believable performance!!" Who wouldn't want to hear the accompanying tapes?

Little help here, please?

Edited by Tad_MMA
  • Like 1

I would contact the corps directly, as they, their staff, or in some cases members would have them if they still exist. At the same time, when I marched Madison we would get our MIDI recordings of the show music dubbed over on old judges tapes back in the day.

That's my thought.

Now you got me wondering ...

How many of us today have a device that can play cassette tapes? I think I just threw away that 90s vintage "Walkman."

HH

Raises hand!

USBands just went to Dropbox last fall, so I still have my cassette player to listen to tapes.

Now you got me wondering ...

How many of us today have a device that can play cassette tapes? I think I just threw away that 90s vintage "Walkman."

HH

They're still sold at walmart and various other stores, just not very practical today, but I still have cassette tapes that I should move over to mp3 soon.

I bought a record player 2 years ago that plays my drum corps inspired LPs and copies to CD :smile: It also plays cassettes including winter guard judge trial tapes early 1980's which I listened to once (meh). I was supportive, constructive, stayed within criteria, my tapes were boring as h e double-hockey-sticks! If CD is on it`s way out and MP3 is where to be, how can I preserve the history ...

I bought a record player 2 years ago that plays my drum corps inspired LPs and copies to CD :smile:/> It also plays cassettes including winter guard judge trial tapes early 1980's which I listened to once (meh). I was supportive, constructive, stayed within criteria, my tapes were boring as h e double-hockey-sticks! If CD is on it`s way out and MP3 is where to be, how can I preserve the history ...

Same here and also burns from cassette to CD (have DCA cassettes when they dropped vinyl). Now need a CD to mp3 burner along with home stereo that players mp3 and DVD player that shows .wmv and otehr computer based formats.

LOL trying to keep up...