Phantom Regiment 2013 (2)

So I heard the run-through at Music at the Park. I did not know they were using Mahlers 2nd until I heard it at the very end. Plus, that run that I had to listen to TWICE in Nimrod is just awesome.

I am gonna do everything in my power to hear it live.

But Using Mahlers 2nd is already making this seasons Phantom Show one my favorites.

for those with fan network, I noticed something kind of interesting.. at around 9:16 i think i hear a man whispering in the background.. goes on for about 10 seconds. does anyone else hear this?

for those with fan network, I noticed something kind of interesting.. at around 9:16 i think i hear a man whispering in the background.. goes on for about 10 seconds. does anyone else hear this?

That was the ghost of Romeo Spartacus past asking, "Hey when does someone get killed in the 2013 version?"

Edited by drilltech1
  • Like 1

Good to know that the guard uniform changes will return.

One thing - in the second piece the horn line does some leg moves that really look awkward. Some of it looks like Prancercise.

I hope they rethink those movements.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 1

Good to know that the guard uniform changes will return.

One thing - in the second piece the horn line does some leg moves that really look awkward. Some of it looks like Prancercise.

It's absolutely stupid, it needs to be completely removed. Both times they do body at the end of the opener (not the prologue) it is very unfitting. I'm sure they will re-do it. Well, I hope they do.

That high mellophone rip at one of the impacts almost makes up for it though. THAT'S phantom regiment excitement.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 1

If Phantom looks that good on the FN, I can't wait to see them live! They have the kind of musical "wow" moments I can't get enough of.

Great show Phantom, you're already a Phan Phavorite of mine for 2013. cool.gif

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

One thing - in the second piece the horn line does some leg moves that really look awkward. Some of it looks like Prancercise. (Lincoln)

It's absolutely stupid, it needs to be completely removed. Both times they do body at the end of the opener (not the prologue) it is very unfitting. I'm sure they will re-do it. Well, I hope they do.

I didn't want to go negative on my "wow" post further upstream, but yeah, I agree with you guys on the prancercise. It's too forced, like Crown was guilty of a few years ago in the same vein, hard to clean, and it doesn't add, it detracts from some fine dam* drum corps that's going on.

Finally watched Phantom on the Fan Network. What an awesome show. One of my favorites so far this year (and I like just about everything I've seen). Its unfortunate that I won't get to see them live this year. That Nimrod piece has got to be amazing live. A recording can't do that justice.