Phantom Regiment 2013 (2)

I always enjoy traveling to Rockford for the shows, although I believe one is in Belvidere and the other in DeKalb this year. Regiment has always had my heart.

Yes, the Show of Shows became too successful with all those folks in chairs in the endzones, etc. It came close to dangerous with some of those guard and corps moves. Glad that show has been moved to DeKalb.

What will Belvidere be like, first show of the season???

Even though Forbes magazine yesterday gave Rockford in Illinois the bronze on the list of "ten most miserable cities in the US," I have always admired and enjoyed the Regiment and look forward to what they will present this summer. (Who gets killed, how amazing will their thrust be in showmanship and musicianship, how beautiful will be that gal guard again?) They are always a contender worth watching.

Besides any corps that can inspire Bobby Langan to foresake his lab and crewing to fly through blizzards and tornados for winter camps has to be something phenomenal. Count me a Regiment phriend.

P.S. I miss those spirited DCP posts from Elise, the very dedicated volunteer uniform lady who makes those plumes out of the boas. What color this year??? We phans await.

For any drum corps fan, it's a thrill to see the welcome sign into Rockford that proclaims: "Welcome to Rockford, home of the 2008 World Champion Phantom Regiment".

No way is Rockford a miserable city. With a welcome sign like that, this city can't be all that bad!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

2013 drum finish (via PR's Facebook):

PHANTOMSNARE-1.jpg

• Like 5

Even though Forbes magazine yesterday gave Rockford in Illinois the bronze on the list of "ten most miserable cities in the US," I have always admired and enjoyed the Regiment and look forward to what they will present this summer. (Who gets killed, how amazing will their thrust be in showmanship and musicianship, how beautiful will be that gal guard again?) They are always a contender worth watching.

Besides any corps that can inspire Bobby Langan to foresake his lab and crewing to fly through blizzards and tornados for winter camps has to be something phenomenal. Count me a Regiment phriend.

P.S. I miss those spirited DCP posts from Elise, the very dedicated volunteer uniform lady who makes those plumes out of the boas. What color this year??? We phans await.

I spoke to Bobby Langan in Port Authority (NY) on our way to last seasons TofC finale at Metlife.

A very friendly, well grounded guy. I'm pleased he's able to march this season.

• Like 2

No way is Rockford a miserable city. With a welcome sign like that, this city can't be all that bad!

I agree. Besides, if we've learned anything at all, its that theres lots and lots of unhappy and miserable people living in the kinds of beautiful places that the editors of Forbes Magazine live in.

For any drum corps fan, it's a thrill to see the welcome sign into Rockford that proclaims: "Welcome to Rockford, home of the 2008 World Champion Phantom Regiment".

Well, it might be pretty miserable to Blue Devil 08 alumni :tongue:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the day ... PR in a parade @ 2pm ... 2013 unis will be on display!

later today then....... pics please.

I think they did this parade last year with the 2011 crests still on the uniforms.

We may have to wait a little longer.