Unusually quiet in Cadetland

Good luck this year. Hopefully I'll make it to finals this year.

You better make it! It's my last finals for some time. We need to finally grab a beer.

I didn't tune in to Monday's Colin webinar, but I did a few months ago for Jay's. Jay acted very excited about the music, said he was really enjoying arranging it. If Colin is excited, too, then I'd say that's a good thing.

Glad to hear the vet retention numbers -- wonder what the trumpet vet rate is? I'm assuming it'll be a young guard, I think they had an "old" guard last year.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone hasn't heard, the Cadets are posting a live video broadcast of ensemble rehearsal on this Sunday, April 28th. Information here!

• Like 1

644573_10151663626871349_1931671924_n.jpg

The above poster - He's in there somewhere...

(baris practicing Medea at Woodstown camp this weekend; larger picture of full bari line on C's FB.)

3 weeks until Spring Training!

Edited by normy diploome

One minute until the live feed!

• Like 1

Apparently there will be props. Mr. Hopkins said something about the presence of "16 towers" on the field.

This is based purely on intuition since I haven't heard from but one other corps this year, but this sounds like a top 3 show! Good stuff!

Just watched the webcast (live stream via UStream) of the Cadets. They played portions of their 2013 show. In short, the show seems much more complex, and at times incredibly intense...even vicious in sections. The brass book is amazingly hard, with double tonguing and difficult interval and range passages everywhere. The percussion will be a beast this summer.

The mid section seems impressionistic and I especially love the mallet writing in conjunction with the brass. The closer is Medea. They only played a portion of that.

All in all, for a corps that hasn't rehearsed in a camp setting since the end of January, the Cadets sure do seem to have talent and skill in massive quantities this year. I was very impressed! Can't wait to see some drill and the overall staging of this music on field.

• Like 3

Gotta really hand to to the Cadets organization for connecting with their potential fans as they have here. Hopkins is at least trying to make the Cadets more audience friendly by letting us into their rehearsals like his has. Now if only other corps would do the same. The silence thing seems overly dramatic and unhelpful.

• Like 1

644573_10151663626871349_1931671924_n.jpg

The above poster - He's in there somewhere...

(baris practicing Medea at Woodstown camp this weekend; larger picture of full bari line on C's FB.)

3 weeks until Spring Training!

Kinda creepy dude, lol.

• Like 1