Best Preshows?

Cadets 89. Surprised no one has said this. Pre-show was so very much part of the show. Doesn't start till after the announcement.

I did! thumbup.gif

Good choice though!

Um,

Cadets 1989

Les Miserables show had a great pre show... Music and Motion... 'twas pretty neat...

• Like 1

• Cadets '11 (How has no one said this?)

Good one. No music but set the stage perfectly.

In reverse order of the year performed:

Phantom 2010 - "Into the Light". Great setting of both mood and movement of the show, starting in the lower left tunnel (representing birth) and ending in the upper right tunnel (entering heaven). Life in general happened in between these two events with the corps' journey - both from left to right (womb to tomb) and various moments both frontfield & backfield (high and low points experienced in life). At least that's how I viewed it.

Phantom 2008 - "Spartacus". Staged the conflict between the drum majors, and between a few of the DM's and the peasants/freedom-lovers (corps proper and color guard). The DM being pushed out on his podium was brilliant. My favorite overall show ever.

1989 Cadets - "Les Miserables". Previous posts about this have described this well.

1982 Blue Devils. "WHAT?" you say! Well, I was able to hear "F Tuning" backfield many times that year, and it was truly a preshow to me! Goosebump city from that monster corps!

Phantom 1979. Now, some would call this a "moving warmup" but I would call it a preshow.