What will help DCI become more entertaining

Ha!

You guys are all funny.

And you pick up pie bait pretty good, too.

:tongue:/>/>

Now that some of us are married, we've learned to pick up bread and milk too.

• Like 1

Ha; our circuit does everything digitally, via iPads. No erasers needed!!

the erasers are there for a message to the designers.

most laugh.

But I'm with you...I want everyone to do well! in 10 years of judging, I can honestly remember twice where when putting down numbers.....I had to really think long and hard, because, well...someone had to lose. thetoughest was championships for outdoors a few years ago...28 bands, and man...on the percussion sheet...there were at least 15 lines that ranged from really #### good, to great to "#### ME THAT WAS AWESOME!".

that night, if I could have, I'd have thrown out the 10's. But...after they went on, I had to leave room for the three that followed.

This has been my number one complaint for the past 15-20 years or so. I don't like the music. I'm not a college music major grad and do not recognize any of what's being played on the field. I'm bored to death.

Based on this statement, the conclusion is you are bored when you don't recognize the music selections. Is that true?! I guess I can understand that mentality, but it seems to me that there is literally a ton of great music out there you might not know about now, but might really get into after seeing someone perform it. To me, I LOVE getting introduced to new music via drum corps (that was my intro to Phantom of the Opera, among other things, and it took me a LONG time to not really dislike the musical because I loved SCV's arrangements so much better). Have the prerequisite of "I have to recognize a chart to like it" is really myopic, and that sort of preconceived bias against new music would really limit enjoyment of a LOT of good stuff. Heck, a TON of music has been introduced to me over the years via drum corps performances and arrangements, and I'm sure many more charts will be in the future.

This has been my number one complaint for the past 15-20 years or so. I don't like the music. I'm not a college music major grad and do not recognize any of what's being played on the field. I'm bored to death. I still go to one big show every summer and it's always the same story. I have more fun and enjoyment at the tourist attractions in the respective cities (San Antonio/Atlanta) than at the show, which is always a major disappointment.

Everything you now recognize was at one point initially unrecognizable to you. If you are bored of things that are new it's unimaginable how you've ever been able to entertain yourself over the years.