DCI show moments that made you teary eyed

Star 93 gets me all emotional

Cadets 2000 was just way too awesome

Phantom 03

Phantom 06

Phantom 08

Blue Stars 09 ballad hit when the guard girl doesn't find her soldier was designed perfectly for the tears to well up! My favorite moment that year!

Bones '11-the return of that old school feel with that new school vibe hit it home for me.

Troop '11-I felt this should've been a saturday night show. Way too much emotion for it not to be.

Colts 2012-Their closer never hit me on the videos at all, but when I saw it at semis holy cow! They went out with a bang!

PC 2012-"Yellow" was gorgeous and the reprise after the "True Colors" hit in the closer was just icing on the cake

Bones 2012-Here Comes The Flood. Need I say more?

Bloo 2012-Flume got me every time and still does.

Looks to me it's either Phantom that knows how to do it or 2012 just had the best tear jerking designs for an entire year.

Phantom is always good, to me if I were a band director and wanted to add visual moves that match with the emotion the music is conveying, I would look to Phantom before any other corps . 2012 was a great example

• 4 months later...

Bluecoats '95 for sure- the flag presentation where you can hear the guard soloist crying on the video.

Suncoast -84, the balloon release in Requiem

SCV '89- Music of the Night

Phantom '08- the entire ending, since I was there live in that stadium, amazing moment.

Colts '01 I believe, when they zoom in on the guard member crying during the closer from Henry V

SCV '09- Simple Gifts hit in the closer

Those are just the ones that jump to mind right now

Very end of Blue Stars 2008. Doubly tearful since it was their first time back in finals in a looong time.

The Boxer. Duh

End of ballad chord in Crown 2008.

End of the rock-out movement in SCV '08

End of Crown '09

End of Phantom '09, especially when they really push the fifth halfway through the last hit

Basically all of SCV '09

Ballad hit in Blue Stars '09 of course

End of Cadets '10

Ballad hit in Blue Stars '10

Chevron kick halt and hit in Phantom '10

Plenty more that I can't remember

Which DCI show moments made you tear up...emationaly? (guys don't be embarrassed)

Here's a few of mine: The aftermath when the Phantom Regiment drum major was stabbed and the other climbed up on podium at the end of Spartacus. The last two minutes or so of Angels and Demons, The end of both the Madison Scouts 2011 and 2012 shows.The end of Carolina Crowns The Grass is Always Greener......

I can't believe I forgot to mention this when I started the topic, but this years Phantom Regiment towards the end just really drove it home for me. Mostly because we went to the Broken Arrow this last summer July 18th.....the day before that we had my Mom's funeral and she was the greatest woman in the world, as a Mama's boy and the only child she was everything, we found out she had cancer only 2 months before her passing but the last few days in the hospital she told me to go and take my mind off of things, so watching Phantom from this last year will always be a very emotional subject to say the least

Madison Scouts 2011

Madison Scouts 2013

• Like 1

Madison Scouts 2011

Madison Scouts 2013

it seems Madison has found a way of hitting the core of many peoples emotions more than many other corps

**why on earth would this statement receive a negative rating?It was a complement to Madison.....**

Edited by msumello
  • Like 1

The beginning and end of Phantom 2010. The middle loses my attention sometimes, but either end.... wow. I got to see them live even though I was marching, at our off night in Allentown. That was something special.

Anyone playing Simple Gifts/Appalachian Spring. I'm an absolute sucker for it.

And story time... I never cried on the field until my age out Finals, at the big hit about a minute before the end when the corps makes a triangle and the guy spins a cube on his chin. Sometime in July, I started using that moment as a sort of "ageout countdown" for myself. So, say we were at the 10th to last show. At the start of that section, I'd say "10" in my head, and then "9" at the climax of the hit. 9 more shows, 9 more times to perform on the field, 9 more times to hear that incredible sound live, etc etc.

I held it together pretty well on finals day until I finally had to say "0". All of a sudden the fact that I was really aging out hit me like a truck, and I was bawling for the rest of the show and off the field.

• Like 3

I don't think I saw the Troopers 2013 "Battle Hymn" with the "Sunburst" set mentioned. I'm getting weepy just thinking about it.