New Uniforms?

I've always been curious, because you most notably notice this with Crown, and over the past few years, Cadets. So the question would be, how often do most corps change out their uniforms?

I've always been curious, because you most notably notice this with Crown, and over the past few years, Cadets. So the question would be, how often do most corps change out their uniforms?

Not often enough if you have ever been on a corps bus after the first week of tour. :lookaround:/>

• Like 6

Usually when they find the money for it. A new set of uniforms is very expensive, so it's not something corps try and do every year. Crown's uniform mostly has small accent changes, not a ground-up change of the uniform. Unless it's a drastic change for the show theme, i.e. Cadets 2011, I would say every five years or so corps get new uniforms.

Usually when they find the money for it. A new set of uniforms is very expensive, so it's not something corps try and do every year. Crown's uniform mostly has small accent changes, not a ground-up change of the uniform. Unless it's a drastic change for the show theme, i.e. Cadets 2011, I would say every five years or so corps get new uniforms.

And of course, some uniform changes aren't really changes. Cadets did change in 2005/06. Back to original 07-10 with pieces ransomed from 05/06 to fill in if a constant. '11 with the split unis and '12 with the all whites/traditional color guard captain's unis was enabled in part by the smart deal developed between the corps and the uniform company. This aspect is true with several of the medalist corps over the years. They wear the endorsed products on the field and become the poster boys for the company in the company's marketing. Crown does the same with a different uniform company.

Also for 2012, Cadets loaned their traditional HNC uniforms to their new corps Cadets 2. This season as Cadets 1 returns to the traditional HNC maroon jacket, gold cummerbund, creamish white pants, we await to see what C2 will doff.

Edited by normy diploome

Cadets wear Demoulin and Crown wear FJM as far as I'm aware, just to clarify the "some other uniform company"

A poster already kind of touched on this but just to clarify, Crown's uniforms from 2007-2009 and 2010-2012 were actually the same uniforms. They just wore different accessories to make them fit that year's show. According to history, they'll most likely get new uniforms for the 2013 season, but this is purely speculation on my behalf.

It has been confirmed that the Blue Stars and the Bluecoats will sport new uniforms for this season.

Edited by crownisking

My observation is that several corps seem to be on a three-year cycle with any given uniform or style of uniform. Crown had effectively the same uniform jacket 2007-2009, just with different braids and other details that changed; and 2010-2012 they had the same style of jacket. Bluecoats did the same thing, 2007-2009 they had the two-shaded blue jackets with the dark blue on the black, 2010-2012 they had different shades of blue with black on the back, and they are getting new uniforms for 2013. I believe Blue Stars may be on the same cycle, and from the looks of it Madison may be starting it as well. I heard a rumour that Blue Knights may be getting new uniforms, but I heard the same thing last year, so take that how you will. Phantom doesn't quite fit the pattern enough to make predictions, Cadets and Cavies don't seem too keen on changing their uniforms too drastically, and Vanguard I am not familiar enough with their recent uniforms to comment on.

This all conjecture on my part, and may be entirely correlation with no causation. Just what I have observed and deduced.

Crossmen have had the same set of uniforms since 2004. They have had different accents and colors. Mainly the change to just white and black in 08. There were also new uniforms purchased in 2008 but not a full set, just because the corps got bigger. New Aussies and plumes were purchased for the 2011 season, also a color change from black to mostly white (great move, the corps looked so much better on the field). They are now fundraising to purchase new unis for the 2014 season. So they have had the same jackets and pants and overall design since 2004. Same unis for a decade! Through a move and everything. And I have to say they held up great through the hard and careful work of all the volunteers who have ripped them apart and sewed them back together to make sure the corps looks great even though their bodies are constantly morphing through the season! (I know I had many modifications done during the season.. ph34r.gif )

Edited by kickhaltsforlife
  • Like 1

Off the top of my head -

-I think Phantom has used the same base uniforms since getting the new jackets in 2009, right? Just new overlays each year?

-Cavaliers got new jackets in 2010, so this will be year 4.

-Blue Devils got their new ones in 2011, so year 3.

-Vanguard's were new last year.

-Troopers are getting new uniforms this year.

Mike

-I think Phantom has used the same base uniforms since getting the new jackets in 2009, right? Just new overlays each year?

The jackets were new in 2009 (white and silver combo) and they used them for 2010 as well with a different sash-thing. Then they got new jackets in 2011 (white and black combo) and just replaced the chest logo for 2012.

Im pretty sure thats right.

Edited by skeptic