Rumblings from CADETLAND

Good lord I hope that's not the actual ending of their show...

football_fan_cry_gif.gif

Yeah, that .gif pretty much nails it.

Yeah, that .gif pretty much nails it.

I thought I read of a soft artistic ending. Somehow I think we're not hearing the rest of the story...

He must have heard Hopkins say again, No company front! :thumbdown:/>/>

I am almost 100% sure that won't be the ending to this show. If it is, I'll sell my finals ticket.

• Like 1

I am almost 100% sure that won't be the ending to this show. If it is, I'll sell my finals ticket.

If you sell your finals tickets, how will you really know if it is or not?

If you sell your finals tickets, how will you really know if it is or not?

Because I will see it in Allentown the week before.

Because I will see it in Allentown the week before.

And they couldn't change it between then and Indy? :tongue:

And they couldn't change it between then and Indy? :tongue:/>

That is too close to change an ending. But then again, stranger things have happened lol

That is too close to change an ending. But then again, stranger things have happened lol

This is my last finals for awhile, so we are definitely getting beers. No excuses.

This is my last finals for awhile, so we are definitely getting beers. No excuses.

I haven't been to finals since 2010 and I miss the environment so I have to make it this year...so beers are fine lol.

So, do those who are complaining about the lack of a pant stripe know if they are wearing their new pants yet? Hoppy had mentioned in one of the webinars that they would be starting the year out with last year’s pants that did not have a stripe. I thought I saw somewhere that the stripe is returning this year, but don’t hold me to it.

I’ve watched the 6/11/13 run-through video several times and really like it. It’s much more of a music driven show which is always good for Cadets – very much an Appalachian Spring or Stonehenge feel with how the music dictates the drill. This is why some are lamenting the fact that it is not non-stop killer drill this year. But there are a number of places with breakneck drill and other points it could be added as the year progresses, so chill.

I really like how the question/answer voicing in the music/horns is represented by groups of marchers breaking off at various points in the show. Also, it looks to be a big picture drill that won’t truly be appreciated until seeing it from a higher vantage point.

They should get really high GE points for all the coordination of sounds coming from different locations on the field, towers that are an integral part of the drill, interesting and effective new guard equipment - especially those gold bendy poles (can’t tell what those are – is it two poles with a sort of spring connection?) And the music has good highs and lows with very percussive first and last pieces but with a lush, melodic opener and ballad.

Seems like the great skeleton of a championship-level vehicle that will be phenomenal by finals.