Rumblings from CADETLAND

Watched the live broadcast from Cadetland and despite some technical delays, I would say that is one of the most powerful brass

sections from them in along time. Sounds like a dark aggressive version of the Maroon and Gold for 2013. (The way I like them). :worthy:/>

• Like 8

My ears swooned listening to the trumpets duel with the mellos as each tripled-tongued so quickly and for so long.

Now waiting to see what the feet will do. I am having some dizzy moments trying to imagine the drill a la Cadets'/Sacktig for this year.

No big fan of props, especially after last year. I shuddered when Hopkins mentioned them.

Percussion line, sans some pivotal people, was still very impressive and that Cpit can definitely play. Japanese drums, two sets of tymps, plenty of mallet work.

Slightly smaller hornline than last seasons so as to augment guard. Only 12 tubas slated...but each can play.

I think 2013 is going to be a great music season for dinos, noobies, and the kids all pleased. :-)

JWillis posted this on the Quiet in Cadetland thread:

Just watched the webcast (live stream via UStream) of the Cadets. They played portions of their 2013 show. In short, the show seems much more complex, and at times incredibly intense...even vicious in sections. The brass book is amazingly hard, with double tonguing and difficult interval and range passages everywhere. The percussion will be a beast this summer.

The mid section seems impressionistic and I especially love the mallet writing in conjunction with the brass. The closer is Medea. They only played a portion of that.

All in all, for a corps that hasn't rehearsed in a camp setting since the end of January, the Cadets sure do seem to have talent and skill in massive quantities this year. I was very impressed! Can't wait to see some drill and the overall staging of this music on field.

THIS!

(He says it better.)

Edited by normy diploome

unusually forthcoming with info compared to years past ...

Actually, it's a little less than in previous years, at this point. IMO.

Again, because this is the first camp as a full corps since January.

I know. Just saying.

I can't believe I missed the webcast today because I was sitting on stupid I-95 in traffic coming from DC. But I saw a short clip of Medea that GH posted on Facebook. SWEET JESUS that is HOT! I can't wait to hear the entire show.

I can't believe I missed the webcast today because I was sitting on stupid I-95 in traffic coming from DC. But I saw a short clip of Medea that GH posted on Facebook. SWEET JESUS that is HOT! I can't wait to hear the entire show.

Gotta love that I95 traffic... < Boo traffic>

Cadets are going to be a beast this year!

I think they're posting highlights in the coming days from the broadcast so you'll get to see it most likely.

Source

P.S: He also posted an excerpt of the "Scherzo" to his Facebook page. Pretty solid trumpet and baritone sound.