Rumblings from CADETLAND

It is nice to listen to a show that has just powerful music without needing to research.

I need to do some research. I'm not sure on what, but I need to.

I need to do some research. I'm not sure on what, but I need to.

Besides getting your face peeled off, what was your take on the Cadets? I know they put in alot of changes this week so they probably weren't

as crisp as they have been, but whats your feel on the content, design?

Besides getting your face peeled off, what was your take on the Cadets? I know they put in alot of changes this week so they probably weren't

as crisp as they have been, but whats your feel on the content, design?

Well the changes were better than what they originally came out with. For instance, the beginning they get to the hit in 4 counts (I think) instead of 6 and double-time it to the halt. The end of the opener, for the life of me I can't remember exactly what they did but I know it's not the same as what they came out with. The drum solo draws more of a crowd reaction, and the hold in medea before they retreat backfield changed a little musicwise. I think all the changes are a lot better though. but I'm sure they have more coming. I read on facebook they're learning 17 pages of drill today that will be in the show tonight.

I went to rehearsal on Saturday. It was very hot and the corps was very, very, very tired. The staff even ended ensemble a few minutes early, after giving many non-specific comments like "raise the performance level" and "sound great." It just felt like the whole organization was fatigued and needs a day without moving or rehearsing... not that this will happen.

That said, they were ####### fantastic and the could definitely win if they fix the end of the show. It is weird to see a Cadet corps with no real "WOW" moments, but no real "WHAT?" weaknesses. I don't recall seeing it before.

Also, they won the parking lot by 10 points or so.

• Like 2

Heat, humidity, hydration, lack of sleep all begin to have their effects.

Add show changes, small and major.

Add proximity to meeting CC and BD for the first time.

Interesting recipe for interesting week.

Chambersburg thread says 17 pages of drill changes to end of show and some transitions.

My sources say more surprises to come. Will those towers be revealing of these???

Practice day at Western Carolina is not a random move I am sure.

Chambersburg thread says 17 pages of drill changes to end of show and some transitions.

My sources say more surprises to come. Will those towers be revealing of these???

Practice day at Western Carolina is not a random move I am sure.

The rooster pecks at the walnut floorboard.

One...

Two.....

Three times.

Mangoes burst in the midnight sky.

/cryptic Cadets code

I went to rehearsal on Saturday. It was very hot and the corps was very, very, very tired. The staff even ended ensemble a few minutes early, after giving many non-specific comments like "raise the performance level" and "sound great." It just felt like the whole organization was fatigued and needs a day without moving or rehearsing... not that this will happen.

That said, they were ####### fantastic and the could definitely win if they fix the end of the show. It is weird to see a Cadet corps with no real "WOW" moments, but no real "WHAT?" weaknesses. I don't recall seeing it before.

Also, they won the parking lot by 10 points or so.

Sam, I said the same thing. I sat pretty low right on the 50 at the PPL show. They blew my freaking face off. It's crazy to think they don't have any real weaknesses. Really great corps this year.

Sam, I said the same thing. I sat pretty low right on the 50 at the PPL show. They blew my freaking face off. It's crazy to think they don't have any real weaknesses. Really great corps this year.

Nice YouTube clip of Cadets end of ballad/Medea changes from Chambersburg show. It's posted under show reviews by chris ncsu.

Edited by newjerseycorpguy