Southeastern Championship

So went to buy tickets for the show today and noticed, for the first time as long as I can remember...even if ever, the Southeastern championship is on a Sunday instead of a Saturday. That just seemed very weird to me. It has never been on a Sunday and that is a lot of corps to get through and still wrap up at a decent time on a Sunday.

I wonder if/how this will affect ticket sales. It just seems strange. Maybe it is just me.

1367371890[/url]' post='3259229']

So went to buy tickets for the show today and noticed, for the first time as long as I can remember...even if ever, the Southeastern championship is on a Sunday instead of a Saturday. That just seemed very weird to me. It has never been on a Sunday and that is a lot of corps to get through and still wrap up at a decent time on a Sunday.

I wonder if/how this will affect ticket sales. It just seems strange. Maybe it is just me.

I believe this is the first time they've done the Southeastern show on a Sunday. When I found out a couple of months ago, I was pretty upset about it. I have a feeling it will negatively affect attendance, for a number of reasons actually. But we shall see. Hopefully this turns out to be an exception and not the new rule.

Edited by crownisking

The DUB Show Tour , the world's largest custom car show and concert tour, is in town on Saturday, July 27 at the Georgia World Congress Convention Center, which is pretty much next door to the stadium. That's an event that will compete for parking and hotel rooms. Edited by Michael Boo

The DUB Show Tour , the world's largest custom car show and concert tour, is in town on Saturday, July 27 at the Georgia World Congress Convention Center, which is pretty much next door to the stadium. That's an event that will compete for parking and hotel rooms.

And in my opinion DUB should take the priority Saturday date; because it will pull in way more people and thus will generate way more expendable income spending at Atlanta area businesses than any DCI event.

• Like 2

And in my opinion DUB should take the priority Saturday date; because it will pull in way more people and thus will generate way more expendable income spending at Atlanta area businesses than any DCI event.

While I know you're accurate regarding pulling in more than the 16,000-17,000 people we pulled in during our best attendance, I prefer to believe that Atlanta is using the DUB Tour to warm up for the main act the next day.

Wouldn't it be cool to offer DUB Tour attendees an incentive to come to the DCI show the next day? "Come for the DUB, stay for the main course."

• Like 5

I, for one, will not be driving the 7hrs from FL, since I have to work on Monday. I've looked forward to the ATL show for the last 8 years, since it has been the best one within reasonable driving distance. I know a lot of other FL folks that are also reluctant to make the drive for the same reason. Very disappointed

• Like 1

Also, NightBEAT, Crown's show in Charlotte, NC, is on Saturday the 27th. That could be a reason as to why it's not on that Saturday.

The DUB Tour event canceled, at least the locaiton at the GWCC. DCI did not choose to have the event on Sunday but there was a conflict with a convention that has the Dome and GWCC through Saturday. I think this will be a one-time thing. If DCI wanted to keep the current tour model and not totally change everything around, they had to do the event on Sunday.

I just hope they start the event earlier so that it does not go so late. I agree that attendance will be down from previous years.

Besides the Southerners not being able to drive to and from home to work for a looong Sunday night show, there is also the matters of hotel and flight prices for us coming in from out of area. Monday flights are usually some of the most expensive due to all the business folk venturing out to clients, etc.

I realize that DCI thought itself in a bind when the Dome was not available as usual (same scenario for Cadets and Giants Stadium or whatever it is now called.) However, Sunday night shows have different influencing factors.:blink:/>

Edited by normy diploome

I've been for years and this will be my first year to miss in about 7 because it's on a Sunday. I hate it but I'll just catch some local shows on the coast.