Prelims in the theater

I saw that, at least last year, that the Prelims movie event was showing in Indianapolis. I was even, half-jokingly, considering going to it, since that was my arrival date for finals week.

My question is: Does anybody go to that in Indianapolis? I can maybe see wanting to go to get the multicam experience, or if someone really isn't that mobile and sitting in one seat at the movies is easier than getting around the stadium. Even then I can't see WHY someone would go to the movies when they could go right up the road and see it live in the stadium.

Does anybody go to the Indianapolis movie event?

I saw that, at least last year, that the Prelims movie event was showing in Indianapolis. I was even, half-jokingly, considering going to it, since that was my arrival date for finals week.

My question is: Does anybody go to that in Indianapolis? I can maybe see wanting to go to get the multicam experience, or if someone really isn't that mobile and sitting in one seat at the movies is easier than getting around the stadium. Even then I can't see WHY someone would go to the movies when they could go right up the road and see it live in the stadium.

I could see maybe doing the theater thing in Indy if you had tickets for the other nights and, as you said wanted a multi-cam experience before seeing everything live, BUT, I'd be more inclined to take that day to wander and hear some warm-ups. Still haven't been to finals week since I was member. Got to remedy that one of these days. This summer doesn't look like a likely candidate. Fan Network and Nighbeat it is...

I'm sure most people in the area would rather see the show live...but there is a certain appeal to being in an air-conditioned building rather than out in the heat.

I'm sure most people in the area would rather see the show live...but there is a certain appeal to being in an air-conditioned building rather than out in the heat.

It's been a couple of years since I've been to championships, but the last time I went, The Can was air-conditioned...

It may sound silly to have the theater presentation in Indy with the show going on so close, and my guess would be that prices are comparable for some seats, but my guess is that a chain of theaters probably purchases the rights to broadcast certain live events like DCI, the Met in HD, etc., and it's probably part of a package deal.

That is interesting. I suppose there are at least some walk-ups, some fans who don't like the perceived hassle of paying for parking, seats, concessions, etc at LOS, people who are trying to bring newbies or super casual fans into the fold & it's cheaper/more accessible than going to the stadium, etc. I'd be interested to hear from someone who saw it in the theater in Indy to see how full the theater was

It's been a couple of years since I've been to championships, but the last time I went, The Can was air-conditioned...

Ooo...fancy smancy! Hopefully I'll make it down for the show this year. I'll be the one standing under an a/c vent.

I live in Cincinnati, and every year I do Quarters in the theater, then drive up to Indy for semis and finals. I could do all 3 shows in the Oil Can, but I actually like the theater experience on Thursday. You sometimes get some interesting stories in the theater broadcast that you wouldn't see live in the stadium. I almost consider it like sitting in 3 different seats...theater on Thursday, up high on Friday, and down low on Saturday.

Of course, I have been to every quarter finals broadcast in the theater so some of my reasoning is that I want to keep my streak alive. I've enjoyed the improvements made in the broadcast, and its gotten to the point that I actually look forward to hearing Rondinaro, Delucia, Pitts, etc. and I'm always excited to see what Tom Blair and company are going to bring to the table.

Z

well, I'd imagine the theater is cheaper