Boston's Up!

Anyone see their preview last night? Share your thoughts.

From the Boston Crusaders' Facebook page: "We shared the show press release here yesterday but thought we would share the show promo video so you can like and share here!"

(just an "fyi" - according to youtube comments this is currently not available on mobile devices)

• Like 1

Yes. I saw BAC's preview last night at Nichols College, Dudley, Ma.

This is an intriguing show whose theme for this season fits them to a t, imo.

The musical selections for this season has never been brought to the field of Drum Corps to my knowledge. They'll have the 150 maximun allowed on the field, and it looks like 44 in the Guard which might be the largest Guard ever put out on the field of DCI competition if they go out with that number. 9 snare, 5 quads, 12 in the pit, 11 contra last night, but it looks like they'll go out with 12, and 72 brass, and the usual collection of spares. I enjoyed what I saw, and wish the Corps the best this season.

• Like 2

Yes i have been their for two weeks. last night was the 1st time i have seen what they have to this point. This is the 1st time in many years that i have seen them at this time of the year. Overall better corps than last year. Better talent in all areas. New staff in drill and guard impressive. Drums smoking and horns have a beautiful/ emotional sound and everyone should check out the new fleet trucks their have added a 51' equipment truck, can not wait to see the new colors. AS always everyone will enjoy what Boston puts on the field. Have a great day. Boston Strong.

• Like 2

The more I listen to the source music and read about this, the more excited I get...I think this could potentially be my must see show of the year. I am a sucker for a huge guard presence on the field, and 44? This could be amazing considering their guard was top 6 last year.

Their drums and brass seemed great last year, and if they are better with the right show design...I think these guys are going to be a force to be reckoned with this year. They are on my top 6 radar.

• Like 1

The more I listen to the source music and read about this, the more excited I get...I think this could potentially be my must see show of the year. I am a sucker for a huge guard presence on the field, and 44? This could be amazing considering their guard was top 6 last year.

Their drums and brass seemed great last year, and if they are better with the right show design...I think these guys are going to be a force to be reckoned with this year. They are on my top 6 radar.

They are working hard. Still early in the year as everyone else. Had a fun time helping out the corps great group of people.

• Like 1

I was able to see the Boston Crusaders tonight. Very impressed with all aspects of the corps. First TY to the volunteer staff. Amazing how hard they work. Boston has grown as a corps both on and off the field. Their fleet of vehicles is impressive also. I expect big things from Boston this year. To my eyes and ears all aspects of the corps r strong. Beautiful sounding ballad. Lots of drum exposure. And what a colorguard. Final thought: if Boston continues with these improvements on and off the field I can see them competing for the championship in the next few years. Btw I am also a big fan of Crown and the Blue Devils. (And Crossmen seem to b on an upward trend too F

• Like 4

I was able to see the Boston Crusaders tonight. Very impressed with all aspects of the corps. First TY to the volunteer staff. Amazing how hard they work. Boston has grown as a corps both on and off the field. Their fleet of vehicles is impressive also. I expect big things from Boston this year. To my eyes and ears all aspects of the corps r strong. Beautiful sounding ballad. Lots of drum exposure. And what a colorguard. Final thought: if Boston continues with these improvements on and off the field I can see them competing for the championship in the next few years. Btw I am also a big fan of Crown and the Blue Devils. (And Crossmen seem to b on an upward trend too F

This was a corps I was really hoping to see some feedback on tonight, they had a community performance as well right?

Thanks for the post! :thumbup:

Their community performance was last Thursday at Nichols College. They r now at Quincy Memorial Stadium till they leave for tour. And they usually perform again in full uniform before they leave on tour.

• Like 1

Their community performance was last Thursday at Nichols College. They r now at Quincy Memorial Stadium till they leave for tour. And they usually perform again in full uniform before they leave on tour.

They had around 200 people from the area/ schools as well as people from the college. A lot of very positive comments from all that attained. Note: Some people that attained never have seen a drum corps and were impressed by the work and professionalism of all member and staff.

Edited by emc2
  • Like 1