Boston's Up!

32 ageouts this summer-----it is the oldest BAC since 2002.

The trend lines of late it appears to me as an outsider is that with the new Management installed there the last couple of years, the Boston Crusaders have become more of a Destination Corps and no longer a Stepping Stone Corps. Would I be accurate in this assessment, Craiga ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

The trend lines of late it appears to me as an outsider is that with the new Management there the last couple of years, the Boston Crusaders have become more of a Destination Corps and no longer a Stepping Stone Corps. Would I be accurate in this assessment, Craiga ?

Yes and with a strong teaching staff, management staff and alumni thing look (up/strong) for the future of Boston. We had 400+ people there last night at Spring fling event. Note: New trucks and artwork look great. Maybe BRASSO could put a pic up on this site. there is one on face book Rick woodall put up.

Edited by emc2
  • Like 1

The trend lines of late it appears to me as an outsider is that with the new Management installed there the last couple of years, the Boston Crusaders have become more of a Destination Corps and no longer a Stepping Stone Corps. Would I be accurate in this assessment, Craiga ?

The figures seem to support your theory, BRASSO. The lowpoint was just before the 2008 season. In '08, BAC had fewer than two dozen vets. Since then, the corps' trajectory from a membership standpoint has been a net gain of vets every year, to the point where there are now actually very few members who go off to some other corps.

I also want to applaud "The Wise Men", a group of members who are aging out this year who joined in 2008. Six year vets in ANY corps are not common these days, and these particular members frankly have the skills to march anywhere (including Charlie, the bari soloist).

As one of these brass players said to me last night, "why would I go anywhere else and 'step down'?"

It's attitude like that which explains why this drum corps is 73 years old, and now finds itself in the strongest position it has ever been in, both on and off the field.

It has always been my habit to not engage in the preseason hype that seems to beset some other organizations, so I won't do it now. After seeing the corps repeatedly during move-in, hearing them play last night, seeing the sophistication of the marketing, fundraising, organizational behavior, planning, and yes, those THREE 18 wheelers, I will simply say that the current BAC is absolutley an "ELITE" corps.

This will be an interesting season.

• Like 2

Yes and with a strong teaching staff, management staff and alumni thing look (up/strong) for the future of Boston. We had 400+ people there last night at Spring fling event. Note: New trucks and artwork look great. Maybe BRASSO could put a pic up on this site. they is one on face book Rick woodall put up.

I went again last nite to Boston's Spring Fling. I live in the region only 20 minutes away. But with Boston's Friday Nite traffic, the 20 minutes took an hour and a half. ( oh Gawd, do I hate bumper to bumper traffic.... haha ) But once there, it was a fun time. Wow, a lot of people came out for it this year. It looks like they raised a lot of money in it. Boston Crusaders Jr Corps and Boston Crusaders Sr. Corps have a great relationship, and it was great to see the cross generation respect and love for one another on display there last night. BAC looks poised and eager to go and compete and let the chips fall where they may.

Edited by BRASSO

The figures seem to support your theory, BRASSO. The lowpoint was just before the 2008 season. In '08, BAC had fewer than two dozen vets. Since then, the corps' trajectory from a membership standpoint has been a net gain of vets every year, to the point where there are now actually very few members who go off to some other corps.

I also want to applaud "The Wise Men", a group of members who are aging out this year who joined in 2008. Six year vets in ANY corps are not common these days, and these particular members frankly have the skills to march anywhere (including Charlie, the bari soloist).

As one of these brass players said to me last night, "why would I go anywhere else and 'step down'?"

It's attitude like that which explains why this drum corps is 73 years old, and now finds itself in the strongest position it has ever been in, both on and off the field.

It has always been my habit to not engage in the preseason hype that seems to beset some other organizations, so I won't do it now. After seeing the corps repeatedly during move-in, hearing them play last night, seeing the sophistication of the marketing, fundraising, organizational behavior, planning, and yes, those THREE 18 wheelers, I will simply say that the current BAC is absolutley an "ELITE" corps.

Charlie is still there? I thought SCV or C2 would have hired him as a consultant by now! What a beautiful solo he gave us. Hope we hear more!!!

NICE!!!

Edited by normy diploome
  • Like 1

Charlie is still there? I thought SCV or C2 would have hired him as a consultant by now! What a beautiful solo he gave us. Hope we hear more!!!

Actually, he he has had several oppoortunities to go elsewhere at little or not cost. You would have to ask him why he remains at Boston.

• Like 2

You will he will be playing one this year.

• Like 1

You will he will be playing one this year.

Great, can't wait to hear. I also hear he's a pretty fine person.

• Like 1