Favorite Drum Major/Conductor

Marcia Hanson (?sp?) Phantom early 80s...

No one better ever than George Parks Reading Bucs...

Laurie Kunzel Bushwackers...

Ken Soper 1965 Sunrisers...

Joe Genero 1969 Hurricanes...

James Gulke - BD Drum Major 1993-1998

Sax player from what I understand, who was picked to be the DM at 17.

My sister doesn't post here, but hers is Ben Pouncy.

To this day she still won't shut up about him.

My sister doesn't post here, but hers is Ben Pouncy.

To this day she still won't shut up about him.

That's Pouncey, as his middle schoolers will be learning quickly amidst their crushes :rolleyes:/>

Mark Kopang-VK

Tim Andriese-SCV

There have been many great drum majors over the years, and while I don't pay a ton of attention to them other than if they are trying to pull their corps together during a phasing issue, I have to say my favorite drum major moment is on the 99 video, when the drum major of the Colts is shown close up fighting back the tears from their final show of the year. My wife tears up every time she sees that video, and I think that moment shows what drum corps means to thousands of kids each summer. It is awesome when the camera crew is able to capture moments like that. I know corps like SCV, BD, Cavies, Scouts, and Phantom have all had some amazing drum majors over the years. Another of my favorite moments, from a video seen on youtube, the year VK and BD drum majors had the lawn chairs set up during retreat. I can't remember the year, but I am sure someone here can probably link directly to the video, as I have seen in on DCP before.

Marcia Hanson (?sp?) Phantom early 80s...

No one better ever than George Parks Reading Bucs...

Laurie Kunzel Bushwackers...

Ken Soper 1965 Sunrisers...

Joe Genero 1969 Hurricanes...

My favorite Drum Majors actually tended to come from the DCA ranks too, and not from the DCI ranks. The DCA ranks have been chock full of terrific DM's over the years. Also I might have a different list depending upon the criteria... whether its that of directing abilities or that of showmanship abilities.

Edited by BRASSO

Daniel S. Veerhusen is his name and there is no one on this planet who loves the Madison Scouts more than Dan. Dan was also one of the DM's in the '06 alumni project. Plenty of 1980 on you tube.

Veerhusen is my choice as well. He was very very entertaining. He would talk to the crowd & became famous for pulling out a Kodak Instamatic Camera (remember those?) & taking a picture of the crowd at the very end of the show while the corp was wailing on its last note. He was great.