Predictions on Wildwood

the weather has been a challenge everywhere. some corps found a way to get it done regardless

Some corps choose to rehearse virtually every weekend all winter too. Doesn't mean everyone else isn't doing their best to get their shows done.

Dan

• Like 1

I'm told the PA announcer for the show will be fully prepared and have a finished product. ph34r.gif

I'm hoping that includes a new repertoire of his 'stand-up' comedy material. tongue.gif

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday and hoping you'll be joining us for dinner.

Some corps choose to rehearse virtually every weekend all winter too. Doesn't mean everyone else isn't doing their best to get their shows done.

Dan

I get all of that. I'm just telling you, based on past results ( not to go into Ed's scoring theories and all), what works. The results prove me right.

No, we always heard about it when others weren't finished with their show, doesn't mean that it should be expected every year. I'll still gladly pay the money to see the start of a great upcoming season, but since now I'm a spectator rather than a performer, I would rather all corps have a finished product on the field on the first show.

And now you see it from the other side, which quite frankly is wonderful. Because honestly I don't think enough people do voice their concerns with this aspect, and those of us who do get hushed when we do. I'm still paying my money as well. And praying for NO RAIN or FLOODING!!!

As far as paying for an unfinished product, 2 things.

1) they're all unfinished products until labor day weekend.

2) Which is preferable, seeing a show with 4 finished products and thats it, or seing a show with 4 finished products and 1 or 2 that arent quite done?

• Like 1

As far as paying for an unfinished product, 2 things.

1) they're all unfinished products until labor day weekend.

2) Which is preferable, seeing a show with 4 finished products and thats it, or seing a show with 4 finished products and 1 or 2 that arent quite done?

drum corps fans...diehards...get that shows aren't 100% done until finals.

casual fans or locals who come out every year don't get that and wonder why someone stood still for 2 minutes or abruptly ended their show in a weird way.

if we keep relying on just the diehards, drum corps will die faster than it kind of is

• Like 3

drum corps fans...diehards...get that shows aren't 100% done until finals.

casual fans or locals who come out every year don't get that and wonder why someone stood still for 2 minutes or abruptly ended their show in a weird way.

if we keep relying on just the diehards, drum corps will die faster than it kind of is

What Jeff said.

In the "build an audience all season long" effort, it's best that corps are as prepared as possible early.

Tough to explain to a new fan... "well, we're not done yet and we're rough now, but wait until you see us Labor Day weekend." That only works if that new fan is sold on the product enough to want to go to the championship.

Anyhow... back on topic, more or less:

Safe travels to everyone heading to Wildwood this weekend!!! :thumbup:

and don't wear baggy shorts that show your #### on the boardwalk

and don't wear baggy shorts that show your #### on the boardwalk

......and if you do...have your official "Plumber's Exemption Certificate" in hand to show your state approved (for professional's) "butt crack waiver".