2013 Rankings

I dunno, finishing the show, clearing penalties, fixing train wrecks,.........not saying that is the CT story, but I have seen it happen,............now get to rehearsal!

Let's throw in maybe a stingy panel vs. a more generous one....

I shouldn't respond to DCAROCKS but here it goes. DCA does not count your DCI shows in standings even though they are judged on DCA sheets. You have to do a DCA show in order to get ranked for prelims. Our first show in Mt. Sterling was not finished so the judges rated us low. The first score was the lowest we ever got in DCA history. We had 2 rehearsals in the 4 days before the next show which we cleaned and finished the show therefore the 12 point jump! In 2 weeks we will score at a DCA show to make DCAROCKS happy!

Tom Slade = Director

Cincinnati Tradition

Drum & Bugle Corps

• Like 6

I shouldn't respond to DCAROCKS but here it goes. DCA does not count your DCI shows in standings even though they are judged on DCA sheets. You have to do a DCA show in order to get ranked for prelims. Our first show in Mt. Sterling was not finished so the judges rated us low. The first score was the lowest we ever got in DCA history. We had 2 rehearsals in the 4 days before the next show which we cleaned and finished the show therefore the 12 point jump! In 2 weeks we will score at a DCA show to make DCAROCKS happy!

Tom Slade = Director

Cincinnati Tradition

Drum & Bugle Corps

Give 'em hell Tom. :thumbup:

Keep up the good fight, eyes on the prize. You'll be fine. :cool:

• Like 2

Scores from Mission Drums Lynn ,Mass

1 Cabs -----------84.50

2Empire ---------83.90

3Fusion ---------77.45

4Hurcs ----------72.60

5Winsor---------66.20

Pediction scores

Empire ===83,90

Cabs --===82.10

Fusion===78.30

Hurcs ===72,50

Winsor ==68.30

Close on most scores Cabs surprise me .

Edited by Florida Sun
  • Like 1

Nothing matters til August. ...most dont even start competing until then...

Your definition of "most" is... interesting.

Had Nokesville not have been rained out... every Open Class corps would have a number right now. As it is, 11 of the 12 have a number.

If Nokesville had not been rained out, 9 of the 13 Class A corps would have a score right now. That's 69 percent of the competitors, at least if I did my math correctly.

Last I knew about the word "Most", that usually means a fairly sizable majority. I counted on my fingers and toes, and 4 out of 25 doesn't look like a sizable majority last I knew. From the looks of it, "most" have either competed or would have by now if the weather had been better.

As for 'nothing matters'? It depends if you define getting some comments and reads from early enough in the season to make necessary changes to improve the program or to help focus valuable rehearsal time on the more important things that need to be repaired and cleaned as "nothing". I always thought that was at least "something". :satisfied:

Someone is using a different dictionary than I am or lives in the DC Comics Bizarro universe where the winner gets the low score. I find it entertaining. :satisfied:

• Like 2

Wow! When is last time Bucs have been THIRD in season rankings? Seems like times might be a changing. Know they didn't compete this week, but in past, managed to stay ahead even when had weekend off, IIRC.

Be very curious to see what happens at Downingtown this weekend with Minnesota and Cadets 2. Could see Reading drop to 4th or 5th, depending on Cabs and Empire score.

Should be interesting Finals down in Annapo. Can't wait!

Scores from Mission Drums Lynn ,Mass

1 Cabs -----------84.50

2Empire ---------83.90

3Fusion ---------77.45

4Hurcs ----------72.60

5Winsor---------66.20

Pediction scores

Empire ===83,90

Cabs --===82.10

Fusion===78.30

Hurcs ===72,50

Winsor ==68.30

Close on most scores Cabs surprise me .

Bucs 4th or 5th?! I'll take that action if you are offering the chance. I'm pretty sure things will be straightened out very soon.

Wow! When is last time Bucs have been THIRD in season rankings? Seems like times might be a changing. Know they didn't compete this week, but in past, managed to stay ahead even when had weekend off, IIRC.

Be very curious to see what happens at Downingtown this weekend with Minnesota and Cadets 2. Could see Reading drop to 4th or 5th, depending on Cabs and Empire score.

Should be interesting Finals down in Annapo. Can't wait!