2013 Rankings

How about that Phil Mickelson at the British Open over the weekend???? :lol:/>

Interesting observation ... wonder if it changed his ranking ...

:satisfied:

Used as somewhat of a guide, as to how the Corps are doing. Not as a "Rating" really. Just giving an idea of each Corps progress perhaps. There are too many different things that go with each Corps score. Different - Judges - Dates - Schedule - Weather - ETC. Accurate Rating, No. But I say Interesting to follow, Yes.

I find it interesting, and fun keeping a " Ball Park" like list of how they stand.

We all pretty much Know who the top 5 will be. Maybe someone will move up one, make it up to that group. Also the who will be the bottom 5 at finals. That 10th place always seem to be a Battle. Also a way to keep the Class A up for people to get to see "Who is there", And "Who may make the top 4" (This year with the "International Corps" in Class A)

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 1

Interesting observation ... wonder if it changed his ranking ...

:satisfied:

Andy, he actually is up to second in the World Golf Rankings, behind Tiger Woods.

But the World Golf Rankings are so convoluted they make drum corps rankings look like first-grade math. :tongue:

Andy, he actually is up to second in the World Golf Rankings, behind Tiger Woods.

But the World Golf Rankings are so convoluted they make drum corps rankings look like first-grade math. tongue.gif

WOW! that's tough for me. i failed first grade math.................shutup.gif

• Like 3

How about that Phil Mickelson at the British Open over the weekend???? lol.gif

it was rigged you know. he was slotted after Wildwood and past historical placements and scores

• Like 2

Used as somewhat of a guide, as to how the Corps are doing. Not as a "Rating" really. Just giving an idea of each Corps progress perhaps. There are too many different things that go with each Corps score. Different - Judges - Dates - Schedule - Weather - ETC. Accurate Rating, No. But I say Interesting to follow, Yes.

I find it interesting, and fun keeping a " Ball Park" like list of how they stand.

We all pretty much Know who the top 5 will be. Maybe someone will move up one, make it up to that group. Also the who will be the bottom 5 at finals. That 10th place always seem to be a Battle. Also a way to keep the Class A up for people to get to see "Who is there", And "Who may make the top 4" (This year with the "International Corps" in Class A)

Bingo....you hit it on the head. It's a fun guide and subject to when corps last performed, under what adjudication process, how large the slate of judges, etc. etc. As example, the Kilts have not yet been adjudicated by a DCA panel and even when using DCA sheets by DCI judges at one show two captions were not judged at all; just blank spaces, so the score was actually out of a possible 80, not 100.

It's for fun at this stage of the journey.

• Like 1

it was rigged you know. he was slotted after Wildwood and past historical placements and scores

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 1

I believe they had a rehearsal weekend that included a performance at the Hometown Heroes Soccer Game, a match between area law enforcement and a Reading recreational league. Reading has always included at least one performance for the community on the summer schedule.

You're right John. This was a camp weekend with a performance at the soccer game. I can't speak to prior to 2012, but last year they only had 3 weekends off from competition. The weekend in between WW and Bridgeport and then the week in between Bridgeport and Clifton. Then their standard first weekend in August where there was no camp or practice. I think this year it will be 4 non competeting weekends. If I'm not mistaken last year the 3rd weekend in July was Downingtown, and the 4th was Robbinsville NJ. Since there is not a Robbinsville show, my guess is that Downingtown was able to move back a week.

The rankings are a nice diversion. Nothing more. The only relevant numbers are those that are head to head.

Just for fun ... rankings at the end of June in 1963 ... scores from corpsreps.com

Enjoy ... a scant 50 years ago!

:-)

June 1963

Reading Buccaneers 86.283

Guelph Royalaires 85.150

Yankee Rebels 85.023

Archer-Epler Musketeers 83.866

Connecticut Hurricanes 83.786

Sunrisers 83.433

New York Skyliners 83.386

Syracuse Brigadiers 82.600

Hawthorne Caballeros 82.296