Mesa, Arizona

Academy just finished. Not a complete show. Brass seems s little weaker then past two years. Weird seeing a "cutesy" show from them. Not seeing finals for them in 2013 :(

Bad fall from a member at the end. Doesn't seem like a compete show yet.

This show has shades of PC's Vegas show from 2007, BD's 2002 show, and Spirit of Atlanta's Vegas show, with some vaudeville elements thrown in. They got a ways to go to make this a finalist contender. A tad step up from PC, but the short show may hurt them.

Pianoman thrown in as the encore, with singing! Wow, they got a large chunk of their show not done.

Edited by Whiskey
  • Like 1

Hmm, I hadn't looked at PC's rep before now. A lesser-known pop song by Demi Lovato--and after listening to it, one that might be improved in corps performance. And two wind ensemble pieces that also are being played by another corps this year: 7th Regiment is tackling Michael Markowski's wind ensemble "Instinctive Travels", while Cavaliers are playing John Mackey's "Drum Music". After a listening to a bit of each, I think I prefer the Markowski. Hope it works for PC!

• Like 1

Hmm, I hadn't looked at PC's rep before now. A lesser-known pop song by Demi Lovato--and after listening to it, one that might be improved in corps performance. And two wind ensemble pieces that also are being played by another corps this year: 7th Regiment is tackling Michael Markowski's wind ensemble "Instinctive Travels", while Cavaliers are playing John Mackey's "Drum Music". After a listening to a bit of each, I think I prefer the Markowski. Hope it works for PC!

Cavies arrangement of Drum Music Is a completely different beast. Wait till you hear the whole thing.

Edited by GREENBLUE

Go BK GET CIRCULAR BABY!!

• Like 2