Show of Shows

Cadets aren't playing jingle bells and have a monster drum line - probably why folks are hyping them this early

Show is a monster in terms of challenges - they might start slow and move up the ranks. Or (as Hopkins alluded to) this could be a year they start hot.

We'll all learn a lot of the next week or so... First shows sometimes seem to follow the prior year "ranking" unless a corps clearly sticks out immediately to the judges

It could go either way. Im just surprised at how confident people are in the cadets. They do have a great show.

We will see how it shakes down. Just some observations.

• Like 1

Cadets aren't playing jingle bells and have a monster drum line - probably why folks are hyping them this early

Show is a monster in terms of challenges - they might start slow and move up the ranks. Or (as Hopkins alluded to) this could be a year they start hot.

We'll all learn a lot of the next week or so... First shows sometimes seem to follow the prior year "ranking" unless a corps clearly sticks out immediately to the judges

We'll learn more when we have full panels of judging in too, imo.

Partial ( 5 judge ) panels for Belvidere, and Akron shows, although it looks like DCI is going with the full panels out in DCI California for early shows there.

Drag, my driver just called and backed out, looks like I'm eating tonight's tickets

Cry for me DCP

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Is there anyone else going tonight?

I'd like to start a new argument over DCI's gutless move to call the location "Belvidere, aka Rockford". Belvidere is a totally separate town. It's near Rockford, but it's not Rockford. More DCI kowtowing to the G7. The new board has completely given in to George Hopkins's power grab. Before you know it, they'll be calling a show in Lebanon, Illinois "DCI St Louis".

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP???

• Like 1

[quote name='George Dixon' timestamp='1371837880' post='3270293']

[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Drag, my driver just called and backed out, looks like I’m eating tonight’s tickets

Cry for me DCP

Use your charm and get another pal to drive. It's summer, it's drum corps season and you have tickets! :thumbup:

I'd like to start a new argument over DCI's gutless move to call the location "Belvidere, aka Rockford". Belvidere is a totally separate town. It's near Rockford, but it's not Rockford. More DCI kowtowing to the G7. The new board has completely given in to George Hopkins's power grab. Before you know it, they'll be calling a show in Lebanon, Illinois "DCI St Louis".

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP???

Really hoping that's sarcasm, because I'm pretty sure they're just saying "aka Rockford" because it's Phantom's home show. And most people, I would guess, have no idea where Belvidere is or if it's anywhere close to Rockford. (I honestly have no clue, and I drove through Rockford just last week)

So the how starts at 7:40 PM - Wish I was there!

Phantom 72.5

Cadets 71.9

Scouts 70.5

Blue Stars 62.0

Pioneer 55.0

Colts Cadets 56.0

• Like 1