Boston 2013

Good luck to all (2013) should be a great year. Boston Strong. thumbup.gif

For those of you that are in the Boston area this week. Come and check out the CYO national show 6/29/2013 Quincy, MA Saturday night. Details are on the BAC FB page. (You can hit the link above for more details). Have a great day.

I suppose too much has already been said about the uniform change, but seeing Boston last night live confirmed for me my initial reaction when I saw the uniforms in the cinema. IMO, the flat grey reads very poorly on the field. I understand the tribute to the Cadet uniforms, the mood they are allegedly trying to create, etc., but purely from a visual perspective, this uniform doesn't work at all for me. With this said, I really like the different direction Boston took with this show. Once they clean it up (and hopefully do something with the uniforms), it has nice potential.

I've read a lot of mixed reviews about BAC this early season and especially some negative ones about their uniforms...I think the uni's fit the theme well...I personally was actually quite captivated by their performance last night in New Haven...While I am a former member of the corps, I almost sometimes become too over-critical of them because I love this corps so much...Their show actually surprised me because after seeing them at the theater I honestly thought for sure that I was going to really hate it...I now understand where they are going with the emotion that they are trying to create and I was actually able to really feel it. Phantom is usually the one that grabs my emotions(Nimrod was gorgeous btw)...I can't in recent memory remember feeling that much intensity from the members...My gut feeling is this show is going to be a late bloomer.

• Like 1

There are a ton of gray haters out there, but let's use our imagination about this... The gray tops are obviously not fit tightly for a reason - the staff wouldnt let the corps go out there looking frumpy. I'm guessing there will be a mid-show costume change, where we will see the lovely red jackets 'Rise' from the gray.

Am I the only one thinking outside the box with this?

• Like 2

There are a ton of gray haters out there, but let's use our imagination about this... The gray tops are obviously not fit tightly for a reason - the staff wouldnt let the corps go out there looking frumpy. I'm guessing there will be a mid-show costume change, where we will see the lovely red jackets 'Rise' from the gray.

I am hearing speculation that soon the fans will fine Boston's unis quite, shall we say, appealing.

Kudos to Tom Spataro, Kim Baldruc, Thompson Vou, Michael Lembo and their vast committee for two well run contests back to back at Quincy and New Haven. WELL DONE (including holding off the rain, packing the stands, and having fun while at it too. Kudos too for a DCI first, almost 400 General Admission tickets sold on Group-On. New drum corps fans while making money for the corps too.

A special thanks to them for their warm welcome and allowing me to share in some of the busy-work preparations. That opportunity and the friendly way I was made part of their team is appreciated in more ways than you may realize. Thank you.

• Like 3

Kudos to Tom Spataro, Kim Baldruc, Thompson Vou, Michael Lembo and their vast committee for two well run contests back to back at Quincy and New Haven. WELL DONE (including holding off the rain, packing the stands, and having fun while at it too. Kudos too for a DCI first, almost 400 General Admission tickets sold on Group-On. New drum corps fans while making money for the corps too.

A special thanks to them for their warm welcome and allowing me to share in some of the busy-work preparations. That opportunity and the friendly way I was made part of their team is appreciated in more ways than you may realize. Thank you.

You know I saw Goupon on the will-call window, but didn't make the connection...That is fantastic...great idea IMO to bring new fans to the activity!!!!

I've read a lot of mixed reviews about BAC this early season and especially some negative ones about their uniforms...I think the uni's fit the theme well...I personally was actually quite captivated by their performance last night in New Haven...While I am a former member of the corps, I almost sometimes become too over-critical of them because I love this corps so much...Their show actually surprised me because after seeing them at the theater I honestly thought for sure that I was going to really hate it...I now understand where they are going with the emotion that they are trying to create and I was actually able to really feel it. Phantom is usually the one that grabs my emotions(Nimrod was gorgeous btw)...I can't in recent memory remember feeling that much intensity from the members...My gut feeling is this show is going to be a late bloomer.

It's ok Liahona, we will welcome you back aboard the ship. :)

I don't believe you are thinking outside the box. The Corps has hinted around the best they can, without actually coming out and saying it. ;)

It's ok Liahona, we will welcome you back aboard the ship. :)

Aye, but the scallywag doth swab the deck now .... :pirate:

Edited by BRASSO