AKRON SHOW 6-22

Because the pic that 2000Cadet commented about had a VERY limited view of the seating area?

Will Pitts' snapshot of the stadium showed a nice-sized crowd in the upper levels.

Wait, Boston is in Grey?!

Email I received from the Boston Crusaders:

When the design team discussed the concept of the 2013 production RISE, the color palette was a prime topic. As the meetings continued, the idea of changing the corps uniform to reflect the drab, dystopic atmosphere at the beginning of the show was floated to the team. But how could the corps change such an iconic uniform? The design team went back to the annals of Crusader history to the late 1950s.

The grey jackets that the corps are wearing this season are inspired by the West Point Cadet uniforms that then Senator John F. Kennedy helped the corps acquire in 1959. As the Crusaders evolved from the Most Precious Blood Crusaders into the Hyde Park Crusaders and then into the Boston Crusaders, with those changes came uniform and management changes. Following two years of performing in red and black, in 1959, the newly christened Boston Crusaders found themselves without uniforms for the season. John F. Kennedy stepped in and helped the corps purchase West Point uniforms directly from the United States Military Academy for the rumored price of $1 each. The corps wore various versions of this uniform that season until the standard red and black was reintroduced in 1960.

“We wanted to find a way to reflect the specific mood of this year’s show while maintaining a connection to the history of the corps,” said Program Coordinator Eric Kitchenman. “The Crusaders uniform is so iconic, we’re fortunate to have this small, authentic piece of history that we can tap into to make this season and this show even more meaningful.”

• Like 2

I was going to say Confederations Cup. Sure, the Group A games ended several hours before the Akron show started, but who DOESN'T celebrate like crazy anytime Brazil wins?!

:tongue:/>

Hawks game? lol

It could just be because the lower deck on the edges seems empty. Being there last year, there were quite a few people there, but there were also places that makes it seem empty. Just because its such a large stadium, I guess

That's plausible. The shot I saw was very low down.

Email I received from the Boston Crusaders:

When the design team discussed the concept of the 2013 production RISE, the color palette was a prime topic. As the meetings continued, the idea of changing the corps uniform to reflect the drab, dystopic atmosphere at the beginning of the show was floated to the team. But how could the corps change such an iconic uniform? The design team went back to the annals of Crusader history to the late 1950s.

The grey jackets that the corps are wearing this season are inspired by the West Point Cadet uniforms that then Senator John F. Kennedy helped the corps acquire in 1959. As the Crusaders evolved from the Most Precious Blood Crusaders into the Hyde Park Crusaders and then into the Boston Crusaders, with those changes came uniform and management changes. Following two years of performing in red and black, in 1959, the newly christened Boston Crusaders found themselves without uniforms for the season. John F. Kennedy stepped in and helped the corps purchase West Point uniforms directly from the United States Military Academy for the rumored price of $1 each. The corps wore various versions of this uniform that season until the standard red and black was reintroduced in 1960.

“We wanted to find a way to reflect the specific mood of this year’s show while maintaining a connection to the history of the corps,” said Program Coordinator Eric Kitchenman. “The Crusaders uniform is so iconic, we’re fortunate to have this small, authentic piece of history that we can tap into to make this season and this show even more meaningful.”

Wow; thanks for sharing! While this makes such perfect sense regarding BAC's history (that they used West Point Cadet uniforms at one point), it's something I didn't know. I don't mind the change hearing how it fits the show design, but it's fascinating to hear how BAC related their concept to old school corps history!!

• Like 3

If you're going where I think you're going, please don't.

There sure are a lot of nervous nellies on here that for whatever reason seemingly can't handle a simple inocuous question as to what might be the reasons why the audience size... if true... was small tonite in Akron, Ohio for this DCI show. Jeez Louise, we havn't even established if it indeed was small or not. Some people really are nervous. Its time to chill out and not overreact to things. I wasn't looking to start a War. I simply was looking for reasons if the crowd was small why, whether we like to hear those reasons or not. Or even if they might be silly reasons or valid ones. I'm open to entertaining all opinions on it. :huh:/>/>/>

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

There sure are a lot of nervous nellies on here that for whatever reason that seemingly can't hsandle a simple inocuous question as to what might be the reasons why the audience size... if true... was small tonite in Akron, Ohio for this DCI show. Would you like to take a stab at the possible reasons why or is it simply that you don't personally have any possible explanations for it ( which is fine if you don't ) Geez some people really are nervous. Its time to chill out and not overreact to things. I wasn't looking to start a War. I simply was looking for reasons why, whether we like to hear those reasons or not. Or even if they might be silly reasons or valid ones. I'm open to entertaining all opinions on it. :huh:/>

No, I think to be more fair to 2000Cadet, there are more tools on DCP who like to make asinine, fairly baseless assertions & it gets WAY tiring to hear that garbage brought up in seemingly every thread. While I can understand your apparent shock that a Cadet alum who has spent awhile on DCP would potentially automatically figure people would jump at any opportunity to once again bring up nonsense, I'm sure you can understand his (and others) apprehension at the mere thought of that garbage being slung in an otherwise harmless and entertaining thread.

• Like 3

That was going to be my first half-joking reply, as that's what I'm watching right now

Yeah, I've got the Hawks game on AND DCI West on the Fan Network. Multi-tasking!

• Like 1