Stanford Showdown

" props " to EVERYONE on here that gave their heartfelt assessment and obserations on the shows wehether they loved a Corps show, hated a Corps show, or were somewhere in between. There was no " bile " on here that I saw other than a few intolerent people that will seemingly gwet all bent out of shape if someonesays they might not like something in Drum Corps or in a Drum Caorps show. It was ALL GOOD tonite, in my opinion as people shared with one another their passion and their energy for what they saw and heard. Now, its off to bed.. 'nite all ! :thumbup:/>

LOL ... yeah, that's what happened.

• Like 2

BTW, BD's show is very cool. Don't you find it funny that the Devils are doing a pagan show? Heh! Anyway, I find it far superior to that dreck from last year. Everyone needs to wait for this thing to tighten up and see it a few more times. Lots of potential. Their drums won't beat Cadets this year though. Is BD a championship contender this year? Darn tootin', but so are Crown and Cadets. The judges need to realize they could have one of the most exciting seasons we've had in a while if they take the blinders off and keep this thing close because it is.

• Like 2

After watching the show, I'm not going to get hung up on people not enjoying or liking certain shows...there's just too much quality on the field this year and the crowd appeal will come. Even if someone doesn't like a certain show, I suspect they'll learn to begrudgingly give the shows (and more importantly, the corps) big props for trying something different and fully committing to the productions. This is shaping up as a great year for DCI drum corps.

• Like 2

I brought two newcomers to the show and they were impressed by everything. I am just going to add that STANFORD STADIUM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop booing = Please cheer for everyone!

When Crown was announced 2nd - everyone around me started booing and that made me feel very sad. I LOVED Crown's show and thought it was really well done, but all the young people in DCI work really hard and do not deserve to be booed. I'm a big Blue Devils fan, so it was really upsetting to me to hear the crowd react that way. Being in Drum Corps is very difficult work and we should cheer for everyone, even if we have favorites.

Btw - SANTA CLARA = AMAZING show!!! I was so happy that they have such a great show this year. It reminded me of their glory days long ago when they were at the top of their game.

I hope they do well also.

Remember that people rioted after the Premier of the Rite of Spring, so that is kind of what the audience did tonight. History is repeating. GO BD - AMAZING & CREATIVE & WONDERFUL show!!!

• Like 2

Please stop booing = Please cheer for everyone!

Why should I or anyone else cheer for everyone? If I am not entertained, if I do not enjoy the product presented then I will not applaud. Applause should be earned, not given. The fact Crown's placement was booed is indicative of a larger problem, and it is not "rude,classless behavior from simple-minded fans."

Remember that people rioted after the Premier of the Rite of Spring . . .

Really? I had no idea. This is the first time I have heard that. Wow.

• Like 1

They Booed? Why?

That makes me sick! I never heard a single boo on the west coast.

Listen to the Fan Network recording of the Score Announcements and you will very clearly hear booing. How sad.