Stanford Showdown

Wouldn't be surprised to see The Cadets swoop in and steal it from everyone. Haven't seen their entire show yet, but what I have seen looks pretty awesome. I know they haven't scored as high, but you can't really compare scores from different shows at this point.

• Like 1

Well for my first time seeing and hearing anything this season through tonight's webcast I can clearly say that this season is going to be a switch every night between crown and bd. This will make for a WAY more entertaining season then last years by far. This year the rivalry gets turned up a notch and I can't wait to watch it all! worthy.gif

And now that we have had our little group scream.....it's time for a group hug grouphug.gif

Well done BD and congrats to all the corps for another great Stanford performance. Lots of miles to go and scores to scream at.........so good night you princes of Maine, you Kings of New England.

What about the south? :angry:

• Like 2

Looking at the recap, BK is killing it visually. SCV needs to step up on cleanliness visually. Unfortunately for them they get 1 day off between now and next sunday. Good news is they won't be competing against crown or BD after tomorrow, until Utah. A lot of time will pass before they all compete again.

After Sacramento tomorrow Crown will tour in California, BD won't be joining. Crown will get some time to perfect its visuals and HOPEFULLY improve their percussion, which is falling behind the pace set by SCV.

After sacramento tomorrow BD will have M-F off from shows in order to perfect its show. If crown cannot keep pace in its improvements with a full slate of shows next week, expect BD to start pulling ahead when they meet again next Saturday.

Essentially Crown needs to get back on top of, or near to, BD in order to keep up at this point.

Will be interesting to see what happens with all three corps (SCV, CC, BD) splitting up for a week or so.

• Like 1

Every corps has its own style. With BD style, they step way outside of the box and to me, that is a good thing. Judges like corps that do things different. With some corps (IMO) the judges and fans can predict what they will do. Not everybody will like a show but you do not have to come on here and bash them. Speaking for myself, I have always understood BD show design and I must say it is good. They incorporate almost everything that is right in front of them. And if you look at, Spirit of Atlanta has taken notice of BD. If you look at this years show of Spirit, it kind of takes you back to BD 2009 show. You might not agree but to me it does. Spirit is almost the BD of the South. The BD staff knows what it takes to win CHAMPIONSHIP and I say keep doing what you are doing.

• Like 2

Well for my first time seeing and hearing anything this season through tonight's webcast I can clearly say that this season is going to be a switch every night between crown and bd. This will make for a WAY more entertaining season then last years by far. This year the rivalry gets turned up a notch and I can't wait to watch it all! worthy.gif

I have loved everything I have seen from all the corps so far this year. That isn't always the case (it wasn't the case last year). It is going to be an amazing season, and you can't count The Cadets out either.

• Like 2

Last thing I'll say, I'm through defending BD around my friends, on here, and in other instances.

I can accept that under the current judging system, as outlined and agreed too, that BD is perhaps the best.

But I hope that Michael Cesario can accept my opinion that his changing judging sheets from 2 ywars ago did nothing at all to have judges evaluate a shows connectivity to audiences. This was supposed to be the plan as outlined and announced to the public. The new sheets were to take into consideratiuon how well a show was ( his words ) " engaging the audience ". Do DCP'ers here remember that ? But with all due respect, thats now seen by many fans as a load of horse bleep, as the judges are still once again doing whatever it is that appeals to them alone. Period.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 7

These judges are all between the ages of 60 something and 80 and have been doing this since the 70s and 80s

Retirement is out of the picture for these folks though. They are stars and they need the affirmation and no one is going to dethrone them. When they depart this world it will likely be at a pressbox in Severville (?) or Quincy.

These judges are all between the ages of 60 something and 80 and have been doing this since the 70s and 80s

Retirement is out of the picture for these folks though. They are stars and they need the affirmation and no one is going to dethrone them. When they depart this world it will likely be at a pressbox in Severville (?) or Quincy.

So it is the older generation that prefers BD over Crown now? I thought it was the traditionalists that were appalled by the new direction BD was headed.