Ahh, order has been restored

I was a little nervous after the first competitions with Crown over BD, but after last night it appears the proper order of things has been restored. Like the sun rising in the east, all corps are now properly slotted according to their order of finish in 2012.

One could become cynical / bored with the complete lack of change or movement year after year, but I find it comforting, in this frantic and unpredictable world, that there is one place I can go to see things exactly the same, from top to bottom. :smile:

• Like 6

I was a little nervous after the first competitions with Crown over BD, but after last night it appears the proper order of things has been restored. Like the sun rising in the east, all corps are now properly slotted according to their order of finish in 2012.

One could become cynical / bored with the complete lack of change or movement year after year, but I find it comforting, in this frantic and unpredictable world, that there is one place I can go to see things exactly the same, from top to bottom. smile.gif

You may be correct about the top five or so...but there will be some shake-ups below that, I think.

• Like 3

One could become cynical / bored with the complete lack of change or movement year after year, but I find it comforting, in this frantic and unpredictable world, that there is one place I can go to see things exactly the same, from top to bottom. smile.gif

You may be correct about the top five or so...but there will be some shake-ups below that, I think.

• Like 3

I wouldn't be surprised if by the middle of the season, things aren't restored to their natural order of the 90s and early 2000s, with Blue Devils, Cadets, SCV and Cavaliers taking over the top 4 spots again. How will that be for proper order being restored?

I was a little nervous after the first competitions with Crown over BD, but after last night it appears the proper order of things has been restored.

Each year it appears that one sector of The Cadevaliers might be in a rebuilding mode. This does happen most years. But one of the other two usually picks up the slack, and every year at least 1 sector of the Trifecta of The Cadevaliers is awesome and more than 80% of the time they wind up in the winners circle. This season is no " different " it appears. One can't lose money over a decade of betting that The Cadevaliers won't win DCI each year. In an activity where many claim to crave " change ", when it comes to DCI Titles and the same judges judging for the most part since Disco first hit the scene in the 70's, there is virtually no " change " at all. The Cadevaliers winning DCI ( while Madison Scouts are the fan favorite, but finishing out of the running ), is as " Traditional " now in DCI as the appearance of Mom's baked apple pie, HockeyDad. Once every decade or two we get an outlier year ( like Phantom,'08 ) where an outsider Corps gets the ring, but then things quickly return to the traditional normal the following year, and stays that way for more than another decade. Its been this way since 1976.

Edited by BRASSO

Each year it appears that one sector of The Cadevaliers might be in a rebuilding mode. This does happen most years. But one of the other two usually picks up the slack, and every year at least 1 sector of the Trifecta of The Cadevaliers is awesome and more than 80% of the time they wind up in the winners circle. This season is no " different " it appears. One can't lose money over a decade of betting that The Cadevaliers won't win DCI each year. In an activity where many claim to crave " change ", when it comes to DCI Titles and the same judges judging for the most part since Disco first hit the scene in the 70's, there is virtually no " change " at all. The Cadevaliers winning DCI ( while Madison Scouts are the fan favorite, but finishing out of the running ), is as " Traditional " now in DCI as the appearance of Mom's baked apple pie, HockeyDad. Once every decade or two we get an outlier year ( like Phantom,'08 ) where a Corps gets the ring, but then then things quickly return to normal the foillowing year, and stays that way for more than another decade. Its been this way since 1976.

being a fan fav has nothing to do with winning or even good enough to win..A fan fav has nothing to do with any criteria. an 08 year just happen to be because a fav. corp, show, design, etc etc happen to also step up to the plate and be good enough to actually de- throne.

I wouldn't be surprised if by the middle of the season, things aren't restored to their natural order of the 90s and early 2000s, with Blue Devils, Cadets, SCV and Cavaliers taking over the top 4 spots again. How will that be for proper order being restored?

I can hardly be considered a stalwart Carolina Crown fan, but surely you aren't suggesting that the Cavies will be ahead of Crown by midseason?? Right now, they're closer to 12th than they are 4th.

So far, we've only had a couple shows, one of which hasn't even announced scores yet. It may be a bit premature to suggest the fat lady is singing.

being a fan fav has nothing to do with winning

I agree with this. While we do have a few oulier years where the DCI Titlist also appeared to have likewise been the fan favorite that year, it is very, very rare. When DCI conducted a national poll a few years back of the fan's most favorite shows of all time, more than half the shows that finished in the top did not win DCI in that year. The range was everything from '93 Star to 95 Madison Scouts, and every decade listed, both before the 80's and after the 80's and right up to Crown's Triple Crown inclusion year.

Edited by BRASSO

After seeing Cavis run the other night, I would be surprised. Very surprised. Riding the struggle bus this year.

I agree with this. While we do have a few oulier years where the DCI Titlist also appeared to have likewise been the fan favorite that year, it is very, very rare. When DCI conducted a national poll a few years back of the fan's most favorite shows of all time, more than half the shows that finished in the top did not win DCI in that year. The range was everything from '93 Star to 95 Madison Scouts, and every decade listed, both before the 80's and after the 80's and right up to Crown's Triple Crown inclusion year.

For me it's not so much "is THIS my favorite show of the current season?" as much as "do I enjoy this winning show?"

After seeing Cavis run the other night, I would be surprised. Very surprised. Riding the struggle bus this year.

Is the bus number 9 or 10, by chance? ;)

Edited by THeShadeOfNight