2013 Scores Thread

Hello DCP,

I just got this idea and I don't know if this has been done before or not, but my idea is an official scores thread for the season of 2013. For some reason I always find the need to analyze the scores of DCI. This year it has come to the point where I've actually made an Excel sheet ordering the corps' placements as a result of their latest performances. I know it is not the most reliable was to know where the corps are relative to each other (DCI.org has a 1 week average chart here), but I find it to be a more immediate way for fans to have an idea of their favorite corps' standings between regionals.

I plan on updating this spreadsheet as scores come out and possibly adding the analyzation of individual captions too.

I encourage members to post scores per show in the comments.

Other useful score links:

-http://dciscores.com/world/?year=2013

-BK's website has some great score viewing features

-Stats and calendar from DCP available here

-http://www.fromthepressbox.com/ offers a timeline of shows along with their scores and brief recaps.

Please keep in mind: These scores are a reflection of each corps' latest performance. This chart is a collection of scores from different shows with different judges on different days within the tour and therefore cannot be perfectly accurate.

Current WC Standings

7-31_zps7befa8e4.png

improvement7-31_zps6c6c4323.png

Bigger Version

And as always, if I made any mistakes please inform me so I can correct them ASAP! And if anyone has any useful information or links to add I'll add those as well!

Edited by Sanitape
  • Like 6

I would say this not for slotting purposes but it seems battles are already shaping up.....

Cadets, Crown, BD are early season contenders

SCV, Bloo and Phantom could see someone medal when it's done.

BK, Madison , Boston and perhaps Spirit could all battle for single digits and even have someone in top 6 at the end

Cavies are an uncertainty... Will they stay close and top Spirit or fall in competitively with BStars and Crossmen.

BStars and Crossmen seem like top 12 spot battle of the year part 2... Will the powers that be drop Cavies out if they struggle that much?

Troop, Academy, maybe Colts, OC,, PC and I say Mandarins could be outside shots at top 12....

Will BDB make semis?

Lots o storylines.... This could be the year where someone starts slow but finishes strong to surprise either at top or bottom of finals...

Fun Summer

• Like 1

6-23_zpsa457ef7b.png

Seems like a very simple and easy way to check on daily scores. Thanks for doing this!

• Like 1

Cavies are an uncertainty... Will they stay close and top Spirit or fall in competitively with BStars and Crossmen.

Looking at the recaps, GE is the glaring deficiency for Cavaliers at this point, while their content, percussion, and guard numbers are pretty respectable. Good news for them is that it's easier to clarify, intensify, or toss & replace GE things that aren't working than it is to totally rewrite your musical book. Looking at some pics from the weekend, looks like a very young hornline for them, so they may end up just taking some lumps this season in exchange for a more experience line next year. I'll agree that it's hard to know where they'll go, but at least the recaps tell them what they need to fix first. If they knuckle into selling the holy ___ out of the show, they have a shot at becoming a Cinderella story this year.

All in all, I'd say that the numbers from this weekend are a good start for DCI's year. People have been wanting a broadening of the competitive pool, and it looks like it's finally happening.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 2

After seeing the scores from last night, I couldn't help but wonder if the the G-7 group (or whatever the en vogue name is for them these days is ) have a plan for one of their super duper better than everyone else corps getting 9th or 10th place. It's obviously too early to start giving out finals placements, and Cavies have started slow and come back strong before, but Madison is on fire and seems like the most likely corps to give one of the G-7 corps a dose of perspective/reality this year. Also, wonder where the Colts will fit into the mix.

Looking at the recaps, GE is the glaring deficiency for Cavaliers at this point, while their content, percussion, and guard numbers are pretty respectable. Good news for them is that it's easier to clarify, intensify, or toss & replace GE things that aren't working than it is to totally rewrite your musical book. Looking at some pics from the weekend, looks like a very young hornline for them, so they may end up just taking some lumps this season in exchange for a more experience line next year. I'll agree that it's hard to know where they'll go, but at least the recaps tell them what they need to fix first. If they knuckle into selling the holy ___ out of the show, they have a shot at becoming a Cinderella story this year.

All in all, I'd say that the numbers from this weekend are a good start for DCI's year. People have been wanting a broadening of the competitive pool, and it looks like it's finally happening.

Just recalled where I had previously seen the "source material" for Cavies' opener with the monks' habits. Check out North Penn H.S. Marching Knights Band of Lansdale, PA the year they did the Symphonie Fantastique show. Eric Kitchenman was the drill writer. Eric, usually a name associated with the Crossmen pre-Texas years, Velvet Knights staff in hey day seasons, and the YEA staff is now on staff with Boston Crusaders, who, "coincidentally" also go from dark uniforms into something brighter. See a pattern developing?

Of course it's only an opinion, but I'm reasonably certain Cavies will not finish below 9th place. Just don't see it happening.

• Like 1

Don't forget we also get our first taste of the oregon crusaders this week. Will they be in the group competing for 12?

Or will they be in the lower part of WC?

When it comes to cavies, im fine with BK, Madison, and Boston competing for 7, and maybe 6 depending on bluecoats. We want the non "power" corps to do well, this means that the traditional powers will have to fall hard.

Also about changing GE. I think its harder to greatly improve GE scores because it involves giving the show a different mood or feeling. Improving vis and music happens throughout the year anyway with midseason changes. Not to mention simply cleaning improves visual proficiency.

Of course it's only an opinion, but I'm reasonably certain Cavies will not finish below 9th place. Just don't see it happening.

Probably not but even so the question still applies.

• Like 1