Best/worst thunderous goo this year?

Might be my imagination but I feel that synth bass has achieved a much better balance this year, at least live. I’m used to going to shows with those metal bleachers and being physically shaken by the amps during each chord—not so this year. Which corps do you thing is achieving the balance the best, and which do you find has room for improvement?

• Like 3

So far on the Fan Network, Bluecoats have the worst goo, followed by Blue Devils. Although BD spends more time with the bass guitar patch. But the problem with goo is that it varies so much depending on where the PAs are, where the mikes are, or for live performances, where you're sitting.

So far on the Fan Network, Bluecoats have the worst goo, followed by Blue Devils. Although BD spends more time with the bass guitar patch. But the problem with goo is that it varies so much depending on where the PAs are, where the mikes are, or for live performances, where you're sitting.

I would agree with you. Bluecoats is way too heavy and BD's sounds like a wolf is dying in the woods or something satanic. Others used it tastefully and for good effect (Crown and PR).

We have the Jim Ott Best Brass Performance Award, the Fred Sanford Best Percussion Performance Award, and others.

Who should we name the Best Thunderous Goo Award after?

The John Tesh Award for Thunderous Goo goes to........... :devil:

• Like 3

We have the Jim Ott Best Brass Performance Award, the Fred Sanford Best Percussion Performance Award, and others.

Who should we name the Best Thunderous Goo Award after?

The Brown Noise Award

• Like 2

Yes! The Nick Starr Best Thunderous Goo Award

Oh, man! I was hoping for "Boo's Goo". Has a nice ring to it.

• Like 5