Ever been to a drum corps show alone?

1372321217[/url]' post='3274974']

I'm thinking about going to San Antonio for the show there in July. Since it's kind of a last minute idea and expensive, I probably will be coming alone and maybe even meeting up with a friend who now lives in SAT. Has anyone ever made a far trek to a show alone?

I guess I'm a bit nervous because I usually have someone with me. Oh and it'd be my first time flying in a regional jet... one of them small ones LOL.

I attended the Akron show by myself, 400 miles each way, and attend Indy every year by myself. Being a single Mom it's what I have to do. Is it expensive, yes, but I let my heart make the decisions. My daughter is shocked and surprised to see me and just being able to see her makes the trek worth it. I stock up on books on CD. What I find is that there is always conversation in the stands, in the line waiting to get in, at the souvie stands, etc. You can do it!!!

My freind, there is no such thing as attending a drum corps show alone!

Once you get there, you will find someone you know, or who knows someone you know, or marched with your uncle. or any number of other possibilities... But you will absolutely NOT be alone! :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm thinking about going to San Antonio for the show there in July. Since it's kind of a last minute idea and expensive, I probably will be coming alone and maybe even meeting up with a friend who now lives in SAT. Has anyone ever made a far trek to a show alone?

I guess I'm a bit nervous because I usually have someone with me. Oh and it'd be my first time flying in a regional jet... one of them small ones LOL.

Go for it, and have fun!!!

My freind, there is no such thing as attending a drum corps show alone!

Once you get there, you will find someone you know, or who knows someone you know, or marched with your uncle. or any number of other possibilities... But you will absolutely NOT be alone! :thumbup:

What Anthony said. You are never alone when you're with other drum corps fans!!!

There really is something about a train...............

I'm a dino,.. I still prefer riding stagecoach to San Antonio.... more room for my luggage up top than on planes, trains. Plus, Wells Fargo gives me a travel discount because I have my home mortgage with them.

Edited by BRASSO

The last distance trip for me alone was Indianapolis/Bloomington in 2008 as I live in Connecticut. I had a blast! I met some really cool people at the show and we hung out afterwards...When I was younger I used to go all the time by myself, but always seemed to run into someone I knew...It really is a small world in drum corps...I'm riding my motorcycle this Saturday to CYO Nationals...I'm sure it will be a blast....weather permitting of course.

The flying should be an awesome experience...While the regional airlines are flown by the least experienced pilots they are far fron being unqualified to getting you there safely. Now if I was flying you there in a small 4 place cessna then you might need to worry a little bit...lol

What Anthony said. You are never alone when you're with other drum corps fans!!!

The DCI side needs to have what some of the DCA side has..... ID badges that have the DCP logo on one side and your site name on the other. Not used as much as it used to but have met a bunch of DCP folks at shows thanks to it. LOL - used to post my ugly mug as my avatar and had people actually ask if it was me... :tongue:

Have something with your favorite corps or former corps on and see what happens....

But even without DCP very seldom have I gone to a show and not struck up a conversation with someone near me.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

The flying should be an awesome experience...While the regional airlines are flown by the least experienced pilots they are far fron being unqualified to getting you there safely. Now if I was flying you there in a small 4 place cessna then you might need to worry a little bit...lol

For those that might not know, Liahona here used to solo fly his personal puddle jumper airplane to practice from Connnecticut to Massachusetts in all sorts of bumpy & wintry weather when he marched with BAC. Didn't I hear that you were flying planes as a teenager or something, Liahona ?

Edited by BRASSO

For those that might not know, Liahona here used to solo fly his personal puddle jumper airplane to practice from Connnecticut to Massachusetts in all sorts of bumpy & wintry weather when he marched with BAC. Didn't I hear that you were flying planes as a teenager or something, Liahona ?

Wow...great memory on that one brasso...yep starting flying at 15...