Ogden Orchesography

Unless a Corps wins it all, I see no nobility in having a meh show that finishes highr in placements ahead of another Corps that had a much more appealing show with national fans. If you finish for example in 2nd place, and with most national fans you got golf claps in most of the shows around the country, how much fun really was that for all that effort and hard work ? So from my perspective, audiences should have little to no say in placements, and Corps that play essentially for the judges, and came up short, bought themselves a Faustian Bargain that they should be able to live with as the audience was never a factor in the consideration of their show and music in the first place.

Who are you talking about here Brasso?

Let's just put an applause meter in the stands and give the judges the hook! Maybe DCI could make you fanometer decider....put you up front with a table like Simon! music.gif

Faustian Bargain? Brother, BD sure has done themselves some serious grief here...what a pickle.....oh woe is them....woe I tell you!

BTW......congrats to a great Crown victory tonight. But the fat lady hasn't even left Italy yet....

FWIW... me and only one other person clapped for BD in the movie theater showing of prelims last season. So I am not the worst "hater" out there.

So you are saying all the years BD has won this decade they had the best show? I agree! Why do you ##### about it incessantly every year then?

When BD wins it is the judges screwing up, but when Crown wins it is the judges finally getting it right? Man, that is pretty selective thinking!

Mr. Jones, you're not quite expressing apathy here tonight.

• Like 4

I'm just going to sneak in right now and suggest that at least 10% of claps that BD doesn't earn are because of stubborn attitudes from people who refuse to cheer for them. I'll admit I've done the same, with other corps as well. This is a bad thing, and nobody should do it, so if you ever catch me, remind me to enjoy.

Meh. Im not going to boo a corps but i dont feel obligated to clap if i didnt find the show entertaining.

Some of you people never cease to amaze me. :doh:/>/>/>

What do you mean by YOU people?

th_zps5d8fb924.jpeg

• Like 4

Meh. Im not going to boo a corps but i dont feel obligated to clap if i didnt find the show entertaining.

I'm not accusing anybody on here, I don't know any of you well enough. But I do know success turns people off sometimes, and I have no doubt that the Blue Devils have suffered a bit of that over the years.

DCP always is amusing to me. It's like the corps are the kids on the field after a soccer game (both teams), shaking hands, talking together, laughing......while the parents are in the stands fist fighting. What a bunch of rubes we are!

• Like 4

Mrs. Jones is obviously a Crown fan. (probably wears purplepants too !)

Very tight purple pants!! w00t.gif

• Like 2