If Crown and Cadets want to win,....

Crown is cleaning just fine. Not worried about that one bit. This show is just sooooo on. They can concentrate on cleaning and not as much on changes. Not to mention, Crown's percussion is a contender and certainly not a glaring weak spot either. Crown has no glaring weaknesses this year. They have the ability to sweep the captions.

I don't know about sweeping all captions, certainly not percussion (especially if three other lines continue to clean just as well), but they certainly have a legitimate shot at gold this year.

That may actually be the first time anyone has ever said that. Common opinion seems to be that SCV played Appalachian Spring pretty well in 2009, judges seemed to agree as well.

No, it had nothing to do with 2009. It was more Kevin Bacon than that. In comparing SCV's down endings to Garfield 1987, I went to the dark side and brought up (like a poisoned lunch) SCV's overrated, overscored, overBLOWN 1987 hornline.

I used to make quite a living reviewing films; when I liked one, I tended to overpraise. When I saw a stinker, it was, as someone once told me, "vomit on a page." Same goes for drum corps. (and since the 1987 DCI membership is all WAY over 40, I'm not concerned about.... the children.)

• Like 1

They'll have to sabotage the Blue Devils.

I laughed more than I should have.

Dear Carolina Crown,

At the end of the "Percussion/Counting Feature," when the brass breaks apart after the third repeat of the crazy runs, instead of having them just kneeling in what appears to be scatter drill, why not have the brass in numeric formations. The whole piece appears to be about numbers, and "writing numbers up on the chalk board", so just have the brass reflect that in the drill. The change would be fairly easy to integrate, and they wouldn't even have to be in numeric order (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4...)

Before

before_zpsb3292316.png

After

After_zps51ea587f.png

(You know, but make it look better than my crappy MSPaint rendition)