If Crown and Cadets want to win,....

If I want to watch Star 93, I'll watch Star 93.

You've got a time machine? thumbup.gif

Carbon copy nothing. If I want to watch Star 93, I'll watch Star 93. The soft ending does work with the concept, IMO. It's not what we're used to from them, but at least it's a change of pace. And from what I understand, it sounds like Medea is being tweaked.

Agree.

Frankly, if anything, my problem with the Cadets' musical arrangements this year is that they aren't doing enough to distinguish themselves from Star 93, SCV 99, etc. I'm waiting for the Cadets to shine through and I'm not feeling that, yet.

Agree.

Frankly, if anything, my problem with the Cadets' musical arrangements this year is that they aren't doing enough to distinguish themselves from Star 93, SCV 99, etc. I'm waiting for the Cadets to shine through and I'm not feeling that, yet.

I said the same in a different thread. They have their work cut out for them in making me NOT hear Star and SCV's renditions. As of right now, it's not quite happening. I'm sure that will change come August (at least I'm hopeful it will). We will see how things are coming along Sunday when I see them in Chambersburg.

I don't think the Cadets' show is intended to be a vehicle for characters. It's about a concept or an idea--staging, exposure, solos, ensembles, etc. To insert a character would distract the audience member from paying attention to what they're really trying to say to us.

To reiterate, I hope the judges are wise enough to get out of the way and to keep these three shows close in scoring. We have three potential winners, and it would be a shame to know the outcome of finals by San Antonio. Give them a chance to grow the ideas to their intended promise, and give the audience a rollercoaster ride. That's how you sell tickets for a competitive event. There has to be that uncertainty in order to build hype.

I love waffles

• Like 1

Crown simply needs to continue to do what they are doing. Get better everyday, and they will win the Saturday night that matters the most.

No special formula. No major changes. Just keep doing what they are doing.

• Like 4

Unrelated to this head to head match up....SCV percussion has not lost yet this year against BD or CC (head to head). Just sayin'.

As much as I love Cadets show this year, I simply don't understand the frames and curtains.....yet! What is their purpose? They frame the field fine, but if they were gone, I don't think the corps would miss them....as they do not appear integral to the theme or story being performed. What am I missing here?

Edited by Plan9