Soul Surfing!

Yes, Surf changed their style of show last year, or as some have noted, returned to their Open Class days when they could have some original and entertaining shows. They have not changed their goal of providing a quality drum corps experience to kids who really want to be in drum corps. I also have to come to their defense in that they were "bad" in the past. Now if you mean "bad" as in good, I'll agree, but if you are using bad as lousy, I'd have to disagree. Their shows could be generic, but I never got the impression the marching members gave anything less than their best.

I should have said something more like "sure they weren't as good at the start of the season..." People in the thread were all bitter about how poor they were marching and playing at first this summer.

My wife came to her 1st show the other night. Her favorite was Surf as well.

It's that soul music... does something to women! The only thing missing is a little Barry White...

It's that soul music... does something to women! The only thing missing is a little Barry White...

Whoops - if I had seen this thread I wouldn't have started a new Surf thread.

• 5 weeks later...

I see that Surf is lending instruments to the Heartliner corps from Germany, who are in the U.S. to compete at DCA events this weekend (Bridgeport, CT and Pennsauken, NJ) and next weekend (DCA championships in Annapolis).

I see that Surf is lending instruments to the Heartliner corps from Germany, who are in the U.S. to compete at DCA events this weekend (Bridgeport, CT and Pennsauken, NJ) and next weekend (DCA championships in Annapolis).

Did they happen to include English to Deutsche instructions?

Be wicked embarrassing if they can't figure out where to blow...

"Herr Direktor! Kommen sie hier bitte. Diesen Bugle ist schlect gemacht! Ich kann nicht ausblowen!"

"Dumkopf! Sie mussen herein blowen werden!"

Yeah I know... sorry... got carried away... seemed funny when I thought of it...

Should have seen me when Yamato toured...