My Annual Predictions

Who are the blue knights? Is that the corps that goes on while everyone is at the concession stand?

No Guard Lover, you're confusing BK with INT.

• Like 1

1) Carolina Crown

2)Blue devils

3)The Cadets

4)Phantom Regiment

5) Bluecoats

6)SCV

7)Cavies

8)Madison Scouts

9/10)Blue knights/Boston Crusaders (not sure which one will make which)

11) Spirit of Atlanta

12) Crossmen

It's gonna be a tight race this year between a few corps

1 - Carolina Crown

2 - The Cadets

3 - Blue Devils

4 - Santa Clara Vanguard

5 - Phantom Regiment

6 - Madison Scouts

7 - Bluecoats

8 - The Cavaliers

9 - Boston Crusaders

10 - Blue Knights

11 - Spirit of Hotlanta

12 - Crossmen

--------------------------------------

13 - Colts

14 - Blue Stars

15 - Troopers

16 - Pacific Crest

17 - Mandarins

So basically, It's going to be throwdown showdown between Crown, Cadets, BD for top 3.

Santa Clara definitely should be top 5 at least,

I said Phantom where it is because I feel like they'll pull it together, but easily could be switched with Madison.

Madison wants it this year, and they're bringing it if they clean the crap out of it.

Cavaliers are getting better, definitely better than 12 minutes of shame last year, but I don't know what it is about it they just still aren't the Cavvies to me.

Boston has been consistently good (not a fan of last years show, although I love the pieces they did and it was a good idea, just not executed properly, cough, Spartacus, cough)

Blue Knights are doing surprisingly better this year than I expected, I just want to see the final(ish) product.

Spirit's show is boring to me, no offense. They have the talent, but it's just like Troopers with reusing the SAME show idea over and over.

( Really... How many jazzy 1900-1930's show can there be, and Troopers.. there are only SO many cowboys and indians in the wild wild west, calm down. )

Crossmen, Blue Stars, and Colts will be fighting for 12th, for sure.

Maybe it's because of bias for Colts because I did all-days with them, or maybe it's because I know the Red Team has a chance, but really. If the brass gets more steady, they clean the hell out of it, and they just consistently rep it, Colts could have a possibility of top 12, if not 13/14. I was okay with Blue Stars show, but that's because I'm a guard person and their guard consistently makes me happy.

Troopers have been doing well, I don't think they'll drop below 15.

Pacific Crest has been doing well too. I think they'll beat out the Mandarins.

I wouldn't count out the "Colts" just yet. Their "recaps" are showing some real improvement and they could just move it up.

This year I don't think I'll count anyone out! Academy has tons supporters who argue their cause, Pacific Crest is impressing everyone, Mandarins are claiming their best year ever, Blue Stares and Crossmen are getting ready for another heated end of season, Troopers have promise, and Colts always have great moments in their shows. Indy could be very interesting this year.

• Like 2

1-Crown

2-Cadets

3-BD

4-SCV

5-Phantom

6-Bluecoats

7-Madison

8-Blue Knights

9-Cavies

10-Boston

11-Spirit

12-Crossmen

------------

13-Blue Stars

14-Academy

15-Pacific Crest

16-Oregon Crusaders :music:/>/> I know OC has the potential to move up! It will be interesting to see how they come out when they come back from 2nd all days.

17 Troopers

18 Cults

19-Jersey Surf

20-Pioneer

21-Mandarins

22-Cascades

I guess having Troopers beat Academy in their first meeting by 3 points and the fact that they have beaten Blue Stars, Crossmen and Colts this year obviously means that they are doomed to 17th place..... NOT!!!! (And I was just wondering about the religious preference of the "Cults" in 18th place!)

Edited by mckdan

I hope you guys don't mind, but after last night I would like to submit my newest prediction.

1. Blue Devils- I always loved the show and I was cheering for it from the beginning, but after seeing Crown I really thought that they were going to be beat. Last night reminded me why the Blue Devils were where they have been since the start of DCI. The corp has so much pride and they just look like they are in it to win. The show is really deep too; there is interaction and performance aspect that are nearly unheard of in the marching arts and every time you watch it there is one more thing to catch that you might have missed earlier. I think the brass is amazing and more mature sounding than Crown (hear me out before you click the red minus) I think that the solos are the strongest solos of the year, and there is less intonation problems-- this being said, people stick out and the music may not be as easy to listen to as Carolina Crown's. That is the point though, it is supposed to be penetrating! Everyone complains about the ending, but that is my favorite part. My heart beats and it feels like it is going to pop out of my chest in anticipation. From the moment that the guard circles up and the center girls do the creepy dance I really feel like I would if I was watching and listening the real life ballet.

2. Carolina Crown- This show is strong and sooooo unbelievably cool. The brass tongues like no one's business and it definitely secures them as the the fan favorite for the high brass award. In my personal opinion, Carolina Crown has some of the weakest brass moments(some spread sounds in the ballad) of the top 3, BUT it has the strongest, too. (the Also Sprach Zarathustra and the closer come to mind) The show is pretty clean right now and the reason I put them in second is only because I don't think that they have as far to go production-wise as the Blue Devils.The confidence is there, this year, but when they take the field I don't feel intimidated.I think it will fall short; what we see now is what we get, whereas Blue Devils and Cadets both seem to have a long way to go.

3. The Cadets- These guys definitely seem to be the Dark Horse for the victory. I can't say anything negative-- it is certainly cleaning up and it really is a beautiful production. I think that the show is a little dry, but I am used to listening to Barber's music played by amazing orchestras (one of my favorite recordings of any music ever is Eastman's recording of Medea under the baton of Howard Hanson.) The drums are way too clean and I like the show a lot, I just think I will truly feel something magical come San Antonio when I see it live.

4. Bluecoats- I think that this show will be amazing with a lot of cleaning. I am a little bit of a Bluecoats homer, but I am justifying this with fourth place marks in Visual GE, Music GE, Brass, Music Analysis, and Percussion. There lowest score, I'd imagine, is a sixth place in Guard.

5. Phantom Regiment- In my opinion this is just more of the same from Phantom. I think Bluecoats will surpass them kind of for the same reasons I think that Blue Devils will surpass Crown. I see these guys fourth in all the visual categories, fifth in brass, eighth in percussion and nothing too far out of the ordinary in the other captions.

6. Santa Clara Vanguard- Classy use of props and a very strong guard. I think that the visual is a little easier than Bluecoats, but not as clean as Phantom Regiment's. After really not liking last years show, I am surprised to be so in to this one. The brass is pretty disappointing (although, I might just have some subconscious dislike for their brass as I thought they were weak last year, too), I am thinking seventh place. The percussion scores should balance out the music caption.

7. Madison Scouts- Strongest Scouts in a long time. Sixth place Brass, sixth place percussion, eighth place guard. This GE is going to be really close with Cavaliers, which is incredible since the show isn't a prop feat and really is a traditional show with some voiceovers.

8. The Cavaliers- Everyone has said what needs to be said. I can see the brass as low as tenth...

9. Blue Knights- These guys are amazing this year. I cannot wait to see the finished show. I like the globe, would love to see more done with it. I would doubt seeing any sub-captions below 12th and any above ninth.

10. Spirit of Atlanta- I dig it.

11. Boston Crusaders- I dig it.

12. Crossmen- The one thing that is keeping them below Blue Stars is percussion. It is possible that they end like 16th in percussion and 12ths everywhere else! 40% possibility for finals, imo

13. Blue Stars- Effect needs to be strengthened to land them in finals. I love the guard! 30% possibility for finals, imo.

14. Pacific Crest- I dig it. 15% possibility for finals, imo.

15. Troopers- I dig it. This show just feels right. 12% possibility for finals, imo

16. The Academy- I love all the corniness, but to get in finals (which I think there is like a 3% possibility) they need to calm it down a little bit. It saddens me to see such high cont scores but lackening achv scores.

17. Colts- I dig it. Great moments, but I really do not see them making finals-- the Effect and Music do not match the visual level of achievement.

18. Mandarins- Huge improvement since last year.

19. Oregon Crusaders- Have yet to see.

20. Jersey Surf- Have yet to see.

21. Cascades- Have yet to see.

22. Pioneers- Have yet to see.

Now I just sit back and hope I didn't offend anyone. :)

• Like 1

I guess having Troopers beat Academy in their first meeting by 3 points and the fact that they have beaten Blue Stars, Crossmen and Colts this year obviously means that they are doomed to 17th place..... NOT!!!! (And I was just wondering about the religious preference of the "Cults" in 18th place!)

Whoops... I actually meant to switch academy and troopers. I had copy pasted someone elses list and modified it :doh:

I hope you guys don't mind, but after last night I would like to submit my newest prediction.

1. Blue Devils- I always loved the show and I was cheering for it from the beginning, but after seeing Crown I really thought that they were going to be beat. Last night reminded me why the Blue Devils were where they have been since the start of DCI. The corp has so much pride and they just look like they are in it to win. The show is really deep too; there is interaction and performance aspect that are nearly unheard of in the marching arts and every time you watch it there is one more thing to catch that you might have missed earlier. I think the brass is amazing and more mature sounding than Crown (hear me out before you click the red minus) I think that the solos are the strongest solos of the year, and there is less intonation problems-- this being said, people stick out and the music may not be as easy to listen to as Carolina Crown's. That is the point though, it is supposed to be penetrating! Everyone complains about the ending, but that is my favorite part. My heart beats and it feels like it is going to pop out of my chest in anticipation. From the moment that the guard circles up and the center girls do the creepy dance I really feel like I would if I was watching and listening the real life ballet.

2. Carolina Crown- This show is strong and sooooo unbelievably cool. The brass tongues like no one's business and it definitely secures them as the the fan favorite for the high brass award. In my personal opinion, Carolina Crown has some of the weakest brass moments(some spread sounds in the ballad) of the top 3, BUT it has the strongest, too. (the Also Sprach Zarathustra and the closer come to mind) The show is pretty clean right now and the reason I put them in second is only because I don't think that they have as far to go production-wise as the Blue Devils.The confidence is there, this year, but when they take the field I don't feel intimidated.I think it will fall short; what we see now is what we get, whereas Blue Devils and Cadets both seem to have a long way to go.

3. The Cadets- These guys definitely seem to be the Dark Horse for the victory. I can't say anything negative-- it is certainly cleaning up and it really is a beautiful production. I think that the show is a little dry, but I am used to listening to Barber's music played by amazing orchestras (one of my favorite recordings of any music ever is Eastman's recording of Medea under the baton of Howard Hanson.) The drums are way too clean and I like the show a lot, I just think I will truly feel something magical come San Antonio when I see it live.

4. Bluecoats- I think that this show will be amazing with a lot of cleaning. I am a little bit of a Bluecoats homer, but I am justifying this with fourth place marks in Visual GE, Music GE, Brass, Music Analysis, and Percussion. There lowest score, I'd imagine, is a sixth place in Guard.

5. Phantom Regiment- In my opinion this is just more of the same from Phantom. I think Bluecoats will surpass them kind of for the same reasons I think that Blue Devils will surpass Crown. I see these guys fourth in all the visual categories, fifth in brass, eighth in percussion and nothing too far out of the ordinary in the other captions.

6. Santa Clara Vanguard- Classy use of props and a very strong guard. I think that the visual is a little easier than Bluecoats, but not as clean as Phantom Regiment's. After really not liking last years show, I am surprised to be so in to this one. The brass is pretty disappointing (although, I might just have some subconscious dislike for their brass as I thought they were weak last year, too), I am thinking seventh place. The percussion scores should balance out the music caption.

7. Madison Scouts- Strongest Scouts in a long time. Sixth place Brass, sixth place percussion, eighth place guard. This GE is going to be really close with Cavaliers, which is incredible since the show isn't a prop feat and really is a traditional show with some voiceovers.

8. The Cavaliers- Everyone has said what needs to be said. I can see the brass as low as tenth...

9. Blue Knights- These guys are amazing this year. I cannot wait to see the finished show. I like the globe, would love to see more done with it. I would doubt seeing any sub-captions below 12th and any above ninth.

10. Spirit of Atlanta- I dig it.

11. Boston Crusaders- I dig it.

12. Crossmen- The one thing that is keeping them below Blue Stars is percussion. It is possible that they end like 16th in percussion and 12ths everywhere else! 40% possibility for finals, imo

13. Blue Stars- Effect needs to be strengthened to land them in finals. I love the guard! 30% possibility for finals, imo.

14. Pacific Crest- I dig it. 15% possibility for finals, imo.

15. Troopers- I dig it. This show just feels right. 12% possibility for finals, imo

16. The Academy- I love all the corniness, but to get in finals (which I think there is like a 3% possibility) they need to calm it down a little bit. It saddens me to see such high cont scores but lackening achv scores.

17. Colts- I dig it. Great moments, but I really do not see them making finals-- the Effect and Music do not match the visual level of achievement.

18. Mandarins- Huge improvement since last year.

19. Oregon Crusaders- Have yet to see.

20. Jersey Surf- Have yet to see.

21. Cascades- Have yet to see.

22. Pioneers- Have yet to see.

Now I just sit back and hope I didn't offend anyone. :)

HOW DARE YOU RATE OC SO LOW WITHOUT SEEING THEM RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE... :music: