Crown's 2013 show "E=mc2"

I'm going to work on this...

He mows again on Wednesday. If he pulls it off, I'll post it.

That said, a Crown crown would look pretty cool, too...

There's plenty of summer to go.

garfieldslawn.thefannetwork.org?

• Like 1

I got a link to a preseason recording. It is so much better than what it used to be

i heard that. it's still too much and covers up wonderful music

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this yet, but this is something I noticed while watching the show.

In the pre show, we hear Einstein on the Beach, and Also Sprach Zarathustra. Right before the first hit in Also Sprach, four hornline members start charging form the four corners of the field towards the center, in the middle of a drill formation. The four members "collide" in the middle right when the chords from also sprach are heard, with the announcement ending the preshow into the regular show.

Also Sprach Zarathustra is a Symphonic Poem by Strauss, based on a book by Nietzsche of the same name (1883). I haven't read the book, but after looking around on Wikipedia about the themes of the book, and it talks about the concept of the Overman:

While Nietzsche injects myriad ideas into the book, a few recurring themes stand out. The overman (Ãœbermensch), a self-mastered individual who has achieved his full power, is an almost omnipresent idea in Thus Spoke Zarathustra. Man as a race is merely a bridge between animals and the overman. Nietzsche also makes a point that the overman is not an end result for a person, but more the journey toward self-mastery.

http://en.wikipedia....athustra#Themes

I find this oddly interesting being paired with Einstein on the Beach, inferring that Einstein may be this overman.

What else I find noteworthy are the four hornline members running to the center of the field, colliding when the Also Sprach chords are played. It looks like a particle accelerator, or something to do with atom smashing, perhaps referring to nuclear power and weapons. Einstein was involved in persuading America to begin enriching uranium to use in WWII. He later opposed the use of the weapons, however.

Again, wikipedia

In the summer of 1939, a few months before the beginning of World War II in Europe, Einstein was persuaded to lend his prestige by writing a letter with Szilárd to President Franklin D. Roosevelt to alert him of the possibility. The letter also recommended that the U.S. government pay attention to and become directly involved in uranium research and associated chain reaction research.The letter is believed to be "arguably the key stimulus for the U.S. adoption of serious investigations into nuclear weapons on the eve of the U.S. entry into World War II".

More interesting, is that Nietzsche says the "overman" achieving their full potential was not necessarily "good" nor "evil". In regards to nuclear war morals, this can be fitting.

So, Nuclear reaction drill, Also Sprach, Nietzsche, Einstein on the Beach, All related. All fitting of the show. I might be completely wrong, but I like to think this isn't coincidence. How does it connect to the rest of the show? Are there more references to this I'm not seeing? The infinity symbol that comes next?

Edited by SB30SoundCannon

There a lot of references to matter and nuclear reactions throughout the show. Even the beginning body movement with the hornline refers to gravity and matter acceleration. Same with the guard movement at the end. They are trying to escape, but are eventually pulled down by gravity.

Anyone else think the second impact in the show is a visual reference to the Hadron Collider? Large infinity shape? I mean, the infinity symbol makes sense as well within the show.

Edited by fsubone

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this yet, but this is something I noticed while watching the show.

In the pre show, we hear Einstein on the Beach, and Also Sprach Zarathustra. Right before the first hit in Also Sprach, four hornline members start charging form the four corners of the field towards the center, in the middle of a drill formation. The four members "collide" in the middle right when the chords from also sprach are heard, with the announcement ending the preshow into the regular show.

Also Sprach Zarathustra is a Symphonic Poem by Strauss, based on a book by Nietzsche of the same name (1883). I haven't read the book, but after looking around on Wikipedia about the themes of the book, and it talks about the concept of the Overman:

I find this oddly interesting being paired with Einstein on the Beach, inferring that Einstein may be this overman.

What else I find noteworthy are the four hornline members running to the center of the field, colliding when the Also Sprach chords are played. It looks like a particle accelerator, or something to do with atom smashing, perhaps referring to nuclear power and weapons. Einstein was involved in persuading America to begin enriching uranium to use in WWII. He later opposed the use of the weapons, however.

Again, wikipedia

[/font]

More interesting, is that Nietzsche says the "overman" achieving their full potential was not necessarily "good" nor "evil". In regards to nuclear war morals, this can be fitting.

So, Nuclear reaction drill, Also Sprach, Nietzsche, Einstein on the Beach, All related. All fitting of the show. I might be completely wrong, but I like to think this isn't coincidence. How does it connect to the rest of the show? Are there more references to this I'm not seeing? The infinity symbol that comes next?

:huh:

MV5BMjI2NjY1MzM2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM3ODc5NA@@._V1._SX450_SY480_.jpg

What if C-A-T really spelled DOG?

I'm taking some friends to their first ever drum corps show at Massillon next month; Crown will be there. Should I tell my friends to read up on Einstein at the Beach before they go, so that they'll be able to enjoy the performance?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

No. Just tell them to enjoy the best hornline Crown has ever fielded. Period. Hell with themes and concepts and whatnot.

Also Sprach Zarathustra is a Symphonic Poem by Strauss, based on a book by Nietzsche of the same name (1883).

A couple of other coincidences: the single-volume edition of Also Sprach Zarathustra was published in 1887, the same year Einstein first attended the Luitpold Gymnasium school at the age of eight. And Strauss's Also Sprach Zarathustra premiered in 1896, while Einstein was studying for his teaching degree at Zurich Polytechnic.

In addition to infinity, it's also a sideways "8". :w00t:

• Like 1

EDIT: Why did I post here.... I had nothing to say... This is what I get for having multiple tabs open on multiple topics...

woooooo :rolleyes:/>

Edited by Pat61

There a lot of references to matter and nuclear reactions throughout the show. Even the beginning body movement with the hornline refers to gravity and matter acceleration. Same with the guard movement at the end. They are trying to escape, but are eventually pulled down by gravity.

Anyone else think the second impact in the show is a visual reference to the Hadron Collider? Large infinity shape? I mean, the infinity symbol makes sense as well within the show.

Nuclear reactions are all fun and games until you go prompt critical on fast neutrons. You must keep the energy of the neutrons in the thermal range or there will be trouble. That's why light water is such a good moderator. Anyway U-235 is my favorite nuclear fuel. Most of the decay products are fairly short lived, you know like Xe and Cs. The Co-60 is a bugger, but if you limit the use of stellite hard facing materials you'll reduce Co-60 generation.

Just getting into the spirit of the discussion here.

• Like 1

Nuclear reactions are all fun and games until you go prompt critical on fast neutrons. You must keep the energy of the neutrons in the thermal range or there will be trouble. That's why light water is such a good moderator. Anyway U-235 is my favorite nuclear fuel. Most of the decay products are fairly short lived, you know like Xe and Cs. The Co-60 is a bugger, but if you limit the use of stellite hard facing materials you'll reduce Co-60 generation.

Just getting into the spirit of the discussion here.

Seems you fit right in!

Me? ---> :blink:/>

But I like Crown's show.