Collisions...

Ya know... that article went crazy on facebook early today. A lot of people thought it was recent news. It was quite annoying actually.

The first thing I do with ANY article is read the date.. it means a lot while reading an article. Just saying.

Over a decade old news though.. making a rumble in the band world.

• Like 6

Ya know... that article went crazy on facebook early today. A lot of people thought it was recent news. It was quite annoying actually.

The first thing I do with ANY article is read the date.. it means a lot while reading an article. Just saying.

It's still good in a way that an incident like this actually made news beyond the twitter circles of DCI. This incident was probably the most severe, but I know for a fact that harassment can and does happen more often than it should. Finals week last year was fun...

• Like 1

I'm curious, how did the staff communicate to you after the show. Were they ###### as hell or did they try to keep your morale up?

It was definitely Cadets 99 in Denver. Easily the worst night of my marching career. I played contra that year and it happened right in front of me. Worst thing was the announcer as we were leaving the field who said something like, "Folks, it's OK -- they are taught to roll away if they fall down. Tough show for the maroon team."

I should hope so, since the article is from 2001...

Note that the corps they are talking about is Capital Regiment...

:huh2:/>

I was going to say the same thing! :smile:

• Like 1

This just in -

The Japanese have bombed Pearl Harbor....

• Like 2

Wasn't there another incident involving a drum corps and sports team more recently than 2001? I could have sworn I heard something during my marching years

1- Cadets 2009, about 2/3 of the way through finals, one of the snares ate it going backfield, and caused a 3 or 4 drum domino. Let the "conspiracy theories" commence when it comes to their drum score..

False - only 1 snare fell. But I'm with you on the drum score. :ph34r:

This just in -

The Japanese have bombed Pearl Harbor....

President Roosevelt has just announced. The attack was also on all US Naval military bases on the principal island of Oahu. *cue Doxology and sirens* w00t.gif/>

Nobody at all? sad.gif

Edited by DrumcorpsmademeaTuba

President Roosevelt has just announced. The attack was also on all US Naval military bases on the principal island of Oahu. *cue Doxology and sirens* w00t.gif/>

The British are coming!!!

• Like 1

Alright.....back on topic

• Like 1