Muscatine Matinee

Wow! You're right. The Vis. Proficiency judge must have been out to lunch tonight then.

Wasn't being critical. Well, I guess maybe I was since it was a critical observation. But, I marched there so I tend to be more critical with respect to the corps I've marched.

Some major phasing in the feet in that Colts pic.

Are you referring to the two hornline members on the left? Because I'm pretty sure they're marching backwards at that moment.

Interesting. I find the musical, physical, and simultaneous demand between Spirit and Crossmen not even comparable, with Spirit clearly on top.

Are you considering tempos?

Variety of styles?

Tempos?

Rubato?

Tempos? Am I making my point about tempos yet????

Volumes?

Textures?

How often each section has the melody, counter melody?

The variety of articulations?

Open versus closed scoring?

Unison, traditional, complex scoring?

Frequency of changes of direction?

Environmental challenges?

Number of solo, small ensemble exposures?

Brass range requirements of each section?

Variety of dynamics and dynamic effects?

Keys, key changes?

Harmonic changes?

Harmonic density?

Lyric versus pointed? Symphonic versus jazz note lengths?

Technical and expressive exposure?

Tempos? Yeah, had to put it out there again.

I thought not.

I like Crossmen. But they went pretty safe, and Spirit went all out with their 2013 music demand.

I think you listened with a pretty closed mind. And you are way of base.. Crossmen and Spirit aren't really that far away with music demand.. calm down yo

• Like 2

Are you referring to the two hornline members on the left? Because I'm pretty sure they're marching backwards at that moment.

No, I recognized that those 2 were marching backward. I was referring to the rest of that entire line with legs all at different angles. It's like getting a pic of a snare line where all the sticks are at different heights/angles. It just stands out.

No, I recognized that those 2 were marching backward. I was referring to the rest of that entire line with legs all at different angles. It's like getting a pic of a snare line where all the sticks are at different heights/angles. It just stands out.

Just had to check. I noticed that as well, but it's hard to judge a show based on one photo (not that you did, just saying). I'm looking forward to seeing it live tomorrow night so I can judge for myself.

Some major phasing in the feet in that Colts pic.

Doesnt look bad to me. When I looked at it I see people coming from slightly different directions, with different step sizes. If you take away those marching backwards, everyone appears to be picking up their left foot at the same time as they are all pointing towards the ground. If anything, its a dirty form/transition.

Edited by skeptic

If my math is correct, Spirit is gaining on Madison and widening the gap with the Colts. Great score! :thumbup:/>/>

Madison: Welcome to the 80 Club!

Wasn't this the closest the Crossmen have gotten to Spirit and the first time they beat them in any caption let alone the two they beat them in tonight?

Looks like people are getting a little concerned that a corps can move up the line. Humm...one picture does a show make? Yup, that's it, look at that picture, they're all over the place! How quick some are to shove a corps down. However, in visual recaps I notice there is not too much of a gap; I still wouldn't kick the Colts out yet, I think it says a lot they've kept up in Visual. It obvious there is a failure stigma among some that believe getting a score below or near the Colts is a horrible thing, I mean after all the are just THE COLTS a lowly corps that will never amount to anything, pssh.

Strange, when reading through this tread the Colts are barely mentioned, other than a sigh of relief that a corps beat them tonight. There's really no critique other than a picture. They don't have cooties and I think it's a bit unfair, as I mentioned in another thread, they're being judged by some on DCP more as the corps no one wants to lose to because it would be REALLY embarrassing, horrible, absolutely a disgrace! I'm proud they've kept up visually, looking back over the years does anyone remember Carolina Crown, they reorganized and look at them now, the Blue Knights didn't even make it into finals in 2001 and the Cavaliers broke the DCI first place record in 2002, things change.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom
  • Like 1

Maybe if the Colts actually entertained us besides their closer last year we would be talking more about them.

They had an entertaining show in 07... got them pretty far.... they don't do much to stand out from the crowd. Wish well for Colts.. but they have plenty of performance and design issues right now.

• Like 1

Looks like people are getting a little concerned that a corps can move up the line. Humm...one picture does a show make? Yup, that's it, look at that picture, they're all over the place! How quick some are to shove a corps down. However, in visual recaps I notice there is not too much of a gap; I still wouldn't kick the Colts out yet, I think it says a lot they've kept up in Visual. It obvious there is a failure stigma among some that believe getting a score below or near the Colts is a horrible thing, I mean after all the are just THE COLTS a lowly corps that will never amount to anything, pssh.

Strange, when reading through this tread the Colts are barely mentioned, other than a sigh of relief that a corps beat them tonight. There's really no critique other than a picture. They don't have cooties and I think it's a bit unfair, as I mentioned in another thread, they're being judged by some on DCP more as the corps no one wants to lose to because it would be REALLY embarrassing, horrible, absolutely a disgrace! I'm proud they've kept up visually, looking back over the years does anyone remember Carolina Crown, they reorganized and look at them now, the Blue Knights didn't even make it into finals in 2001 and the Cavaliers broke the DCI first place record in 2002, things change.

Whoa...dial it back a bit. I marched Colts. I was simply pointing out what I saw in the pic posted.