Marvelous Minneapolis Matchup

You're needlessly worried about Cavies, they won't be top 5 this year, but they are set to peak at the right time and I'll stick with my prediction that they top Scouts by the end if not today. Crossmen will be nowhere near 10th.

I just don't see that happening. Heck, I don't see that happening from now on until they get a major design staff overhaul. Shows like this just don't draw great talent.

I'm going to be live blogging on another website. There is a 30% chance of thunderstorms in a few hours. Hopefully, we'll be hit by the 70% chance of no rain.

• Like 1

I'm going to be live blogging on another website. There is a 30% chance of thunderstorms in a few hours. Hopefully, we'll be hit by the 70% chance of no rain.

Hopefully! Isn't this the show where we had the tornado a few years back?

when does the webcast start?

My predictions for Minneapolis

1. Crown, Cadets, and BD in first -third in that order. I do think during the season we'll see Cadets top both Crown and BD, and I think BD still has something to say, but I think it will be Crown's night with Cadets close behind.

2. 4-6 in order SCV, Phantom, Bluecoats

3. 7-9 Madison, BAC, Cavies I think that Madison still has momentum on its side, BAC will have fine tuned their changes and we'll see a bit more confidence. Cavies will show improvement. Note to naysayers: while I'm a BAC fan, I recognize that Cavies and BAC have something in common this year: only their most ardent fans seem to believe they will do anything this year. We've still got a month until Indy. Lots can happen and these will be the three battling for at least seventh in Indy.

10-11 Blue Knights and Spirit. Didn't have BK on my list of finalists when the season started, but I have to eat my words and say what a difference a year makes regarding BK. Perhaps Spirit belongs closer to the corps I have in 7-9 but I think their show will need more for that to happen.

12. Blue Stars.

13. Crossmen: note to Blue Stars--Don't take comfort if this happens. It's still early.

14. Troopers: based only on scores thus far, not a prediction for the end of the season.

15. The Academy

16. Colts

17. Cascades

Edited by Tim K

when does the webcast start?

Links are up now.

Tunnel Camera is pretty cool! :thumbup:

Edited by cmathis
  • Like 1

Go Racine!!! Bring it Chrome!!!

July 14th, 2012 results, Minneapolis:

1) Blue Devils

2) Crown

3) Cadets

4) Phantom

5) SCV

6) Bluecoats

7) Boston

8) Cavaliers

9) Madison

10) Spirit

11) Blue Stars

12) Blue Knights

13) Crossmen

14) Academy

15) (Glassmen)

16) Colts

17) Troopers

18) Cascades

Open Class : 1) Legends, 2) Music City 3) Colts Cadets 4) Blue Saints

I think Madison, Colts, Troopers have the best chance of improving themselves the most at this Minn. Regional over last year's placement at this Minn. Regional.

Even more interesting, here's 2011 Minneapolis results, assuming FromThePressBox is correct:

1 Cavaliers 87.35

2 Carolina Crown 85.95

3 Blue Devils 85.90

4 Cadets 85.55

5 Phantom Regiment 83.10

6 Bluecoats 82.90

7 Vanguard 80.85

8 Madison Scouts 79.85

9 Boston Crusaders 79.40

10 Blue Stars 78.85

11 Blue Knights 78.50

12 Troopers 74.70

13 Spirit of Atlanta 74.45

14 Glassmen 74.30

15 Colts 73.25

16 Crossmen 72.85

17 Teal Sound 69.65

18 Cascades 66.75

Open Class

1 Legends 66.75

2 Colt Cadets 65.45

3 Racine Scouts 52.50

4 Blue Saints 44.05

Interesing -- All the Brass does rifle drill during drum break. Nothing fancy, but effective.