Marvelous Minneapolis Matchup

Well done Blue Team! Taking Percussion and Guard and very tight on Viz. The gap has officially closed. Also congrats to CC for remaining dominant in GE and that gorgeous brass. Cadets showed that they deserve to be in the title race and we can longer talk about a 2 corps race......period! SCV and Scouts are the Cinderella stories and this night marks their return to the days of glory....and I don't think they will look back. What a great year for Drum Corps!

• Like 6

That pesky Vanguard keeps insisting on getting into the discussion on who's going to win this year, don't they? :cool:/>/>

The Vanguard are just keeping the top three corps honest and letting them know that they are NOT going away.

Recaps a bit wierd. Crown my favorite show right now losing ground quickly to BD.. Cadets my favorite corps needs to do something with the Music Analysis section. Keep getting dumped there with SCV up their tail.

The denizens here on DCP could help Cadets with improving their Music Analysis section, if only we knew what the heck it meant (meaning, what are the judges thinking?) :w00t:/>

• Like 2

I think that the performance order hurt Madison today, but that's how things go. Would like to say that my three favorites today were Santa Clara, Madison and the Troopers. Each of them have a show that is a reflection of their personality and they did well.

Performance order in Minnesota has not been in Madison's favor for the last three years. They've consistently, due to prev years placement, gone on well before corps they have been besting in the current season.

I may stand to be corrected, but this year they've overcome that handicap much more than the past two. It will be interesting to see how this effects their placements going dorward as future regionals performance orders are based on tonights placements.

So when are we going to get "Rite of Spring Side Story"?

LOL. Do you really want it?

I think you have expressed (and exposed) yourself quite beautifully, as well. :cool:/>/>/>

I tried to roll my eyes further back into my skull but I seem to have achieved Maximum Lift. The Ocular judge gave me an 87.7 but you know how West Coast Inflation is. Realistically I'm probably slotted 5th or 6th.

As for "getting it", I know Mr. Dillon (tonight's Music GE 1 judge) and I promise you he "gets" Rite of Spring. You know, in case there's any doubt.

I mean, look, I know DCI is in the habit of grabbing random folks off the street for their contest judging duties. Why just last week I saw them recruit a busboy from a local IHOP to come in last-minute and fill in for the Music Analysis judge. I thought he did a pretty bang-up job even though he somehow placed 27th Lancers in first in his caption. No one is quite sure how that happened, but I'm pretty sure it was just a minor fluke. First time jitters.

I, personally, can't wait for San Antonio's judge slate. I'm told we've got a gold star list of 2 CPAs, a local Starbucks barrista, Donald Trump, and the 8 year old nephew of George Hopkins' 2nd cousin twice removed.

Gonna be a show for the ages, right there.

Edited by geluf
  • Like 2

Anyway..........looks like it's going to be a horse race between CC and BD this year. Just so it stays interesting, I hope CC does not peak early. They are really good at this point and it appears there's the possibility of it.

Performance order in Minnesota has not been in Madison's favor for the last three years. They've consistently, due to prev years placement, gone on well before corps they have been besting in the current season.

I may stand to be corrected, but this year they've overcome that handicap much more than the past two. It will be interesting to see how this effects their placements going dorward as future regionals performance orders are based on tonights placements.

Are they based on tonight's placement or last year's finals placement? And I do agree that the slot that they went on in hurt them.