Marvelous Minneapolis Matchup

Some crazy #### on those recaps.... Not much agreement on GE vis between the two... and quite a few judges were drunk.

Again.. I'm just gonna say I am not able to evaluate marching band performances anymore and I am going to resign from tech positions.. because I obviously don't know what good marching band is anymore. I understand when what I think and field judges don't line up.. but we can be armchair judges from the box. (Although.. when bad sounds are coming off the field... that means you can hear them on the field too.)

Whatever.. I'm getting myself so wrapped up in the competition and critiquing that I can only enjoy like 2 or 3 shows right now. I think I'm going to try to take a step back or a week. I am pretty much bathing in drum corps right now, lol... I think I need a break!

Are they based on tonight's placement or last year's finals placement? And I do agree that the slot that they went on in hurt them.

Future regionals are based off of tonight's performances. The other corps' scores from the show in California will also be thrown in the mix. Kind of unfair for the corps in MN that score less than the corps in California considering they are different judging panels.

I respectfully disagree with BD placing ahead of Cadets in Percussion.

I disrespectfully disagree with Cadets placing 5th in Music Analysis. It was a flat out bad call.

Cadets content caption in percussion is still highest which is good, maybe judge was a bit off on achievement or maybe they had a few rough spots. Music Analysis guy is totally off. GE Music tight, brass tight, percussion tight. This guy was just way off.

Major disagreement by GE Vis judges on Phantom.

Looking at it, they didn't seem to agree on much of anything from the 5th-10th-ish slot. Pretty interesting numbers there.

Major disagreement by GE Vis judges on Phantom.

There was some pretty solid disagreement between both sets of GE judges in that middle pack there from 4-6 though that was by far the worse.

• Like 1

Hope to see Crossmen move back up. I like the new changes, and they were hovering right around 12th in most captions. Looks like just a couple of captions sunk them tonight, hope they can pop back up by San Antonio.

What the hell GE judges???

Stuff like that is actually why I LIKE the double panel for GE.

• Like 3