San Antonio Showdown

Based on some of these placements, it makes no sense. Why are blue coats after phantom and cavaliers after scouts? As ironic as it seems DCI has become a joke!!! The only thing positive about the activity this year is that crown is winning and scouts, troopers and scv are doing well performance wise!!! Screw the scores you can't trust them anyway. Even Hopkons said it's a joke!!!

Exactly when and where did he make that quote?

• Like 1

I am so curious about these corps as well. OC will not have competed in a single show since July 2. Do any others corps have a schedule like that? For OC, it's at least partly because they need a 2nd long move-in for all-days given that area kids don't get out of university or high school until mid-June.

Let the games begin! Right now I'm debating whether I should pay the $69 to fan network now or wait till the price drops. I know I'm gonna cave...

OC had their send off performance today before heading on tour. Full show was on the field. Initial thoughts were that:

1...Rolling in the Deep is an amazing musical moment in the show. Loved it.

2...The drumline can play. Dont know much about percussion as a horn player turned guard instructor, but they were throwing down.

3...loved the depth they have put in the show versus previous years. Good vehicle to be competitive within their similar experienced World Class corps.

Good luck and safe travels to all the corps out there on the road.

• Like 1

OC had their send off performance today before heading on tour. Full show was on the field. Initial thoughts were that:

1...Rolling in the Deep is an amazing musical moment in the show. Loved it.

2...The drumline can play. Dont know much about percussion as a horn player turned guard instructor, but they were throwing down.

3...loved the depth they have put in the show versus previous years. Good vehicle to be competitive within their similar experienced World Class corps.

Good luck and safe travels to all the corps out there on the road.

I just got back from seeing Oregon as well. They are going to shock some people this year.

• Like 1

VERY excited to see Oregon again this year in San Antonio, the crowd went nuts for them last year, and deservingly so. It was a real treat getting to see them and I'm sure it will be again. :thumbup:/>

I loved their show last year, and bought one of their adorable "sheep" shirts for my daughter. I'm looking forward to seeing them again!

geez. so this is dcp

In all its glory...

I just got back from seeing Oregon as well. They are going to shock some people this year.

I got tears in my eyes watching my old corps!

My favorite moment was the surprise in the Ballad. I'm not going to ruin it for others, but it took my breath away! :thumbup: Also the ending drill is very ambitious work, I hope it translates well to the press box.

Here's a prediction! Hate me or love me for it but this is a wild guess into a scoring system that is impossible to predict. Here we go!

22-Pioneer

21-Cascades

20-Colts

19-Jersey Surf

18-Academy

17-Crossmen

16-Mandarins

15-Troopers

14-Oregon Crusaders

13-Pacific Crest

12-Spirit

11-Blue Stars