Allentown Word to the Wise

Anyone have feedback on these hotels-

- The Holiday Inn Downtown

-Red Roof Inn by the airport

-Hampton Inn by the airport

TY

That was the same issue we had and why we changed. Over the past two years, there prices have went up about $50-$60 a night!

yup. so for $50 less i'm a lot closer

Anyone have feedback on these hotels-

- The Holiday Inn Downtown

-Red Roof Inn by the airport

-Hampton Inn by the airport

TY

The Holiday Inn downtown is the original Hilton, once headquarters for this DCI event. Just average. Closest large hotel to the stadium. You could walk it, but i wouldn't suggest that at night. Downtown Allentown has lots of new construction going on now, but that noise should be over by the evening hours. Not much downtown anymore. Don't stray too far from the hotel after dark. High crime areas just 2-3 blocks away.

Both airport area hotels you list are of average quality. It's a busy area with plenty of shopping and dining. There will be little concern about crime out that way.

I suggest you go to TripAdvisor.com to research Allentown area hotels. There's good advice there with truthful, customer-taken photos.

Hilton's been acting very strange towards their HHonors members. We used to use the chain almost exclusively but have been increasingly booking with other chains as well and now rarely use Hilton except to cash in points as they have raised room rates and gutted HHonors benefits. They used to have one of the best programs. Now it's like your airline cattle to them.

Hello Travellers -

I highly recommend that you check into your hotel BEFORE heading to J Birney Crum. Hotel space is overbooked at some locales.

Easton is not so bad. One year, I crossed the river and stayed in Jersey.

I am a budget traveller, almost always staying on the cheap. Several years ago, twice after Michigan City shows, I slept overnight on the steps of a nearby church. Once after Ypsilanti, I slept overnight on the steps at Michigan's School of Dentistry.

Once, the Dutch Boy Vegas props driver gave me a ride in Jackson from the airport.

The Allentown HoJo has some terrible carry-okee on the weekends. So bad, it's good. This dive probably has been renamed.

Econo Lodge? Motel 6? Super 8? Oh, the stories I could tell.

"You're a man," I've been told, "So it doesn't matter what kind of dump you stay in."

One year at Extended Stay I purposely had separate Friday and Saturday reservations, just to get clean sheets on night 2.

It is good to stay near Dorney Park or the airport -- but not the rotten airport Knight's Inn. And though there are hotels in downtown, it is not a festive area.

Best advice: do a priceline bid, and enjoy the crapshoot.

Mary and Joseph tried, but were told theres currently no room at the Inn.

And the rest, as the saying goes, is history. :tongue: