Phantom Regiment 2013- too much of a good thing?

Yay new music potentially! Always exciting. Love watching those transformations.

Yay new music potentially! Always exciting. Love watching those transformations.

I may get an e-shoe thrown at me... but I hope Mahler 2 isn't in the ultimate finale. Seems out of place to me. I hope any rewrite to the ending is a reprise of material from the rest of the show.

Man oh man do I disagree. Juliet was pure 100% cheese. Especially that awful love story movie theme. I can't even think of the name of it, it's so bad!

Yeah, it's that cheesy Love Theme from Romeo & Juliet. tongue.gif

Yeah, it's that cheesy Love Theme from Romeo & Juliet. tongue.gif

Well I'll say one thing, you couldn't have found a more schmaltzy rendition of it lol.

Well I'll say one thing, you couldn't have found a more schmaltzy rendition of it lol.

Thanks for pushing me to do a little research. It's from the 1968 film adaptation:

http://en.wikipedia....iet_(1968_film)

Here is the clip from the movie:

There is also the famous love theme (different) to the Tchaikovsky, which is here:

That would have sounded wonderful from Phantom as well.

• Like 1

And when did he leave?

He is with SCV and he left two years ago.

He is with SCV and he left two years ago.

It would be nice to have a Wikipedia page for each of the famed drum corps gurus (i.e. key staff), with a standardized chart of year, corps, show, and role (drill, etc.) That way fans can follow their favorite staff members around the activity, so to speak. I'll get right on that. tongue.gif

The real problem I've had with PR over the last 3 or so years is the departure from emphasis on music. They have always had brass and percussion as the meat and potatoes of the corps so to speak, and lately they've been putting the majority of their emphasis on visual and guard with the recurring damsel in distress story.

I realize the staff changes, especially musically, are the most likely causes for these changes, but I hardly recognize this corps anymore just due to the sheer loss of power musically. The members are more than capable of delivering, but the delivery vehicle just isn't there.

I meant to plus you, but I accidently negative'd you. Sorry