Cadets Audience Accessibility

This is definitely what's going on. I love the visual through this section, but I think the music leaves something to be desired. As someone pointed out, the tone of the pieces is different. And Adagio's not exactly amenable to mashup anyway.

Have you ever heard the techno re-mix of Adagio at a strip club? Seems to work pretty well there! :devil:

Not necessarily. Unlike a movie, these shows don't come out in June fully formed. Things are added, subtracted, enhanced, tweaked, and of course as performance quality rises throughout the summer, it could take certain portions of the show that weren't selling and transform them into truly special moments.

Not if they want to win.

Well actually, the process is very similar to what movie studios do. If you've ever been to test screening of a film, you may find that the final cut has dramatic edits and sometimes a totally new ending than the original, all guided by initial audience response. Same with a Broadway show. They do out of town previews for a reason, to fine tune and improve the finished product.

It's really that way with any creative presentation. You put out an initial idea and then fix it on the fly until your time runs out.

Regarding the Towers: I still don't like them and think the design flaws and poor visibility when maneuvering them may ultimately pop the corps' balloon. Hoping they will look better with new covers, but we shall see. I'm not sure they will ever be able to align them well enough that they don't look askew. And they are so big that you can't not notice the spacing issues, even if all the corps members hit their individual spots perfectly.

It wasn't suggested that cleaning and refining (for any corps, theatrical productions, etc.) over the course of time would not make any production (hopefully) more palatable and enjoyable. Rather, it's the context of "it'll grow on you".

The entertainment value should be prevalent from the start. In any production one should see the "nuts and bolts" are there and be entertained by such. "It'll grow on you" is not going to happen if not only are the "nuts and bolts" missing or askew; but the whole darn tool box is gone as well.

Huh?

I pulled in the wrong quote and can't delete the post. My response was to the question of "why should any corps show have to grow on anyone....."

My point was that multi layered complexity is required to score high in the intellectual components of GE.

Sorry for my screw up.

I pulled in the wrong quote and can't delete the post. My response was to the question of "why should any corps show have to grow on anyone....."

My point was that multi layered complexity is required to score high in the intellectual components of GE.

Sorry for my screw up.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Have you ever heard the techno re-mix of Adagio at a strip club? Seems to work pretty well there! devil.gif

I'm sure it's ironically appropriate, but for those unlucky enough not to have popped down to that particular strip club, here is one such adaptation. I had to hear it, but now my mind actually hurts:

Edited by Pete Freedman
  • Like 1

I wonder if poles are secretly hidden in those movable towers? :cool:

I enjoyed the debate on page 4 between seen-it-all and How_Will_It_End? Presumably between them they should have all the answers; after all, if they've seen it all, they should know how it ends. tongue.gif

I wonder if poles are secretly hidden in those movable towers? cool.gif

If I were to say "Give them a few years" I would have to immediately red neg myself. But I can't, so I won't say that.