ATLANTA, GA

Just a note:

Blue Devils won 6 captions, and got 3rd in two.

Carolina Crown won 2 captions, got 2nd in four, 4th in one and 5th in one.

Cadets got 2nd in three captions, 3rd in three and 4th in two.

BD= 1+1+1+1+1+1+3+3=12

CC= 1+1+2+2+2+2+4+5=19

CS= 2+2+2+3+3+3+4+4=23

This shows that the captions are really close and could flip flop easily.

Also, Blue Devils' content is still 12 points higher than there performance. Carolina Crown's is 9 points higher and The Cadets' is 18 points higher.

What this tells me is that Blue Devils will likely widen the gap and that Cadet's would possibly rest in between the two at the next show where they are all present.

Their. You're welcome.

as much of a Crossmen fan as I am, I'm glad to see Troopers got the place they deserve.

• Like 1

Bostons mammoth 44 member guard is starting to click. That full guard rifle toss in the drum break has me gritting my teeth every time, 1 drop ruins the effect. Congrats on 6th to their guard!

Boston just might be the most improved Corps over the Course of the Summer. They were 2.2 pts behind Cavs just a week ago, now tonite less than 4 tenths behind the Cavaliers. Cavaliers comparatively strong drumline is principally what kept them ahead of Boston tonite.

By the way congratulations to Madison Scouts for cracking top 7, and with some breathing distance between themselves and the G7 Cavaliers. This could be the 2nd year in a row that the Cavaliers finish out of the 7... to Boston last year, and perhaps to Madison and Boston this year.

Troopers were wonderful tonite. 13th place is a big placement improvement over last season. The most of any WC Corps. ' Might not be enough to get them a Finals spot however, as Blue Stars were 1.8 points ahead of them for that coveted 12th Finals spot. Blue Stars look like they'll be tough for any other Corps to catch, imo.

Lots of booing in Atlanta heard in Crown was announced in 2nd, and BD in 1st. This booing heard tonite was WAY louder than anything Star of Indiana used to get from the old dinos and legacy fans back 20 years ago.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

It doesn't matter to me who's in 12th come Semis, but I really hope Troop can tie them, or beat them if that corps isn't the Blue Stars. Would DCI actually send 13 corps to Finals if that were to happen?

Well...I (And many others) will never forget Spirit sitting in 14th on Thursday night in 2003 with a really popular show jumping Blue Knights and Glassmen on Friday night to push themselves in to the big Saturday night show.

As far as a tie......sorry Troop...I was hoping for a tie in 2009 (Colts and Troopers) to land these corps in to finals

This year I appreciate Blue Devils (a lot more than last year) but please explain to me me what they have over Crown. I like to think of myself as reasonable person but I really do not get BD's show this year.

Thanks.

They really don't have a lot over Crown, except percussion. When we're talking about 0.4 difference between the two corps, and when your dealing with the high caliber of the top three corps this summer, all within a point of each other, Crown can't afford to make mistakes, even the tiniest ones....spacing, intonation, articulation, dropped rifles, or flags not being in sync with each other...each one of those will add up and you see it here.....I personally didn't see or hear BD outperforming Crown tonight from the fan network, but those judges on the field are up close and personal, they're making sure each player is doing what is necessary to obtain those high points. Like I said there's not a huge lead or spread at all....Crown just has to be perfect and push themselves as hard as they can, and their drumline is getting better......but there's only two weeks to finals. So if the battery can't reach a bit high score, it's going to have to be up to the other parts of the corps to pick up the spread and gain higher points to compensate for the battery, that's a lot of pressure on the other members of the corps, but if they want that title this year they are just going to have to perfect. They can't rely on BD or Cadets to make mistakes so they can pull ahead, so its up to each individual to put forth the effort to insure a win. All top three corps this year are insanely good, well, top four corps. It's going to be a wild ride in the next two weeks.

• Like 2

Their. You're welcome.

BD uses there whenever they please.

Most of us won't understand until years later, where they'll be flipping the script on wear vs where, and are vs our.

Edited by sobe
  • Like 4

You're not factoring in the impact percussion has on music analysis. A better percussion section drive up the Music Analysis numbers as well. So, it's not just raw drum score.

That MIGHT be the case. However, Crown was winning Music Analysis for quite awhile with their percussion being even lower. They also won GE Music, with a higher spread in the performance sub-caption (3) than in the rep sub-caption (2). I was thinking similar things in reverse the first chunk of the season: "how could Crown's 7th place percussion score still yield a 1st in Music Analysis?! But I realized the MA caption isn't exactly a quantified a=X, b=Y, so C=X+Y black/white conclusion. It could certainly only help Crown's MA ranking/rating, but it's not necessarily the case. Plus, it's not like a judge said, "Crown's drum line is dirty, so I'm putting BD .2 over Crown in MA."

Crown getting 4th in Music is the most incomprehensible thing I have ever seen. I understand the drums are *not* the best, but wow. That just seems wrong.

You mean you don't comprehend addition & averaging? :blink:

I agree it seems odd they score 4th after winning brass and losing Music Analysis by only .2; but it's all math that determines overall Music

I find it hard to believe that $69 is the market clearing price to watch finals live on the internet.

"Market clearing" is not something that makes sense for an intangible, infinitely replicable product. Profit maximization is what they should be going for, with an eye on the side-effects on other revenue streams.

Anyway, just because your first instinct is to say that $70 is too much doesn't mean that it's not the best price. I'd prefer they play it safe and not have their finals stream crash and burn. If it were $10 or $20 it would probably be overloaded and no one would be happy. If it works out and they decide they can lower the price in the future, hey, everyone wins.

Debbie Torchia with Boston guard in 6th. NOT.....

Why "not"? Torchia traditionally slapped BAC. Do you not think they are capable of 6th? Explain

• Like 5