The Greyhound Throwdown!

I will continue to do so because I believe in being fair and trying to see the best in people. You might give that approach a whirl yourself.

I think I was? Like... how I admitted in my initial post that I haven't seen the show yet, and would make a decision once I do so in a week. Not sure how that was confusing or judgmental....

I'm not comparing the two on content, only pointing out that they are continuing to sell the entire production completely off the field. So, let me get this straight...you're not offended that the "soldiers" are shot and killed DURING the production, you're offended that they show dignity and reverence by carrying them off the field? Interesting. I guess people can get offended at anything.

Anyone who is offended by the ending of the scouts' show clearly doesn't understand the military OR the meaning of the show. The show portrays total respect for the military and our fallen soldiers, and the corps feels allot of emotion when performing this show. Don't get how anyone could be offended. It is touching and powerful. And I agree with the post about watching the James Mason interview if they want to fully understand what he was thinking when creating this show. He is a genius, and the show is beyond words, IMO.

• Like 4

Anyone who is offended by the ending of the scouts' show clearly doesn't understand the military OR the meaning of the show. The show portrays total respect for the military and our fallen soldiers, and the corps feels allot of emotion when performing this show. Don't get how anyone could be offended. It is touching and powerful. And I agree with the post about watching the James Mason interview if they want to fully understand what he was thinking when creating this show. He is a genius, and the show is beyond words, IMO.

A little about me. War offends me. I have respect for those that go to war. I have empathy, I feel the pain and want drum corps and winter guard to provide an escape from reality. That is the minority me.

• Like 6

I think I was? Like... how I admitted in my initial post that I haven't seen the show yet, and would make a decision once I do so in a week. Not sure how that was confusing or judgmental....

Jumping to accuse people of having an anti-cadets double standard (as explained in the part of my post you left out of the quote) is the only thing I was referring to.

A little about me. War offends me. I have respect for those that go to war. I have empathy, I feel the pain and want drum corps and winter guard to provide an escape from reality. That is the minority me.

I think I understand. It isn't an easy subject and it can be a painful thing to watch.

But knowing a show can be meaningful and moving to others, would you call for them to refrain from doing it, or would you be OK just to take a 15 minute break from the action yourself and return for the next corps?

Jumping to accuse people of having an anti-cadets double standard (as explained in the part of my post you left out of the quote) is the only thing I was referring to.

Well, i quoted the part I felt was relevant...a common enough practice.

This may all be nothing. Remains to be seen how the reactions are by the end of the season. And as far as people being more critical of things when the cadets do them...well, i dont even think I have to defend that as a general statement. Its pretty much an accepted scientific theory.

I think I understand. It isn't an easy subject and it can be a painful thing to watch.

But knowing a show can be meaningful and moving to others, would you call for them to refrain from doing it, or would you be OK just to take a 15 minute break from the action yourself and return for the next corps?

Good idea. I was at finals 2010. This year I'll take a granola bar, buy bottled water and nosh. Thanks for the advice : )

Cadets won....CRAP

and we know the major cause

• Like 1

Lol...when cadets did it it was pandering and offensive and meant to be a cheap GE trick. But Madison??? how could you be offended!

(Havent seen the show yet, so i'll reserve my own judgement. But the sentiment that folks cant even perceive why one would be offended is strange, to say the least)

Cadets were fine til they tried to add the fire siren at the end. worse, the fire station was late