The Greyhound Throwdown!

Crown's percussion gap against Cadets actually improved in Ocean Springs from Lafayette (same lineups of corps at both) to 0.8 from 0.9. But they dropped their 0.3 lead in GE and tied with Cadets there, and they also flipped a point in Visual and lost by 0.05 last night after winning by 0.05 the night before (mainly a flip in VA).

So yeah, Cadets are improving/cleaning faster. How long has Crown been working on its alternate ending/other changes? Seems like forever. Are the kids getting anxious to start performing the new material? Though I think Cadets have more changes in the pipeline as well.

Cadets have some more changes this week and then going to get Cadet clean. And that's real clean..

• Like 3

Ex-retired military guy here and I didn't find Madison's show offensive. Quite honestly, I preferred them carrying the "deceased" off the field. I did wonder how long they were going to leave the first "dead" soldier on the field though - to the point I was getting upset that they were just going to leave him there and march over him. They didn't, and I quickly calmed myself and appreciated the "tribute" to the fallen men.

• Like 7

Yup.

Pour it on, Cadets . . .wring every bit of GE and emotion out of this as the home stretch starts. Still pulling for this to take it home Finals night. :smile:/>

Huge statement made last night, exactly what they needed to do.

One of the corps' mantras for this season is "FINISH, because that's the point!" I expect them to be right there all the way.

This sentiment is understandable. But you need to know that those that find war the most obscene are normally those of us that were in it.

But Madison's show is not about war, war is only a backdrop to the real story......the brotherhood and survival. War cuts through the ######## in ways you can't imagine and you are left with the "most real" anything gets in your life. Their is a bond that is built in that atmosphere that is unexplainable..undeniable..powerful........it is searing and lifelong. And Madison has captured that story amazingly. It is so important and so personal it is difficult to discuss....and that's why so many warriors don't. I am indebted to Mr. Mason and his Scouts for telling that story for us....in a tasteful, respectful and honorable way.

One other note about removing the fallen from the battlefield.......that is a promise and a creed between warriors that will not be explained here.

Concerning your rationale about drum corps as an escape from reality (not a criticism but a question you should ask yourself).....if Madison 2013 exposes you to things you do not wish to know or see....what did Phantom Regiment 2008 do for you? Different millennium....same soldiers....same brotherhood......(BTW.....I loved it, even though it beat my favorite).

If you're a woman, will you marry me? :worthy:

If you're a woman, will you marry me? worthy.gif

Airborne Ranger, Master Blaster, Pathfinder, Spec Ops, Infantry all the way! 2 wars and 27 years in the mud. Hooah!

And I don't care what the new rule is in the military.....I ain't marrying you Tekk! Besides, you still owe me push-ups for 2010! tongue.gif/>

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1

Huge statement made last night, exactly what they needed to do.

One of the corps' mantras for this season is "FINISH, because that's the point!" I expect them to be right there all the way.

Good for them. They have a great show this year... nice to see them in the title hunt.