Streaming a show- fan network- HELP

I would really like to stream a show on my TV- but not sit in front of the computer.

I have a fairly new TV

I have a Smart-Blue ray player-

I have a PS3

Have an IPAD- but no cables...

Have wireless

Anyone know of a way for me to do this? WOuld like to have some people over for some beers- and stream the show.

THANKS

There are several ways.

First,does your computer have hdmi out? If so,connect your computer to your tv via hdmi and voila. If not,check your TV for a DVI or VGA connection.

If your computer doesn't have HDMI I highly recommend asking one of your friends to bring over their laptop or pc with hdmi out. Remember to go to the audio settings and make the HDMI the deault audio device.

• Like 1

You need at least a laptop, or if you had an Apple Tv, you could stream from the iPad to the Apple TV which would output that on your TV.

A laptop is the way to go until DCI supports other devices that do NOT use flash video.

I have typically done this with a laptop (Mac or PC). Using the HDMI link to your HDTV is the best way to go. You can buy an adapter to covert to HDMI at radio shack or best buy if you need to.

Using the iPad is risky. In the past DCI did not support live streaming on iPad or other tablets. I have been able to watch the VOD on my iPad, but usually not the LIVE Stream. Has this changed?

If so, then, yes, you can buy Apple TV ($99), that hooks into your TV via HDMI and it picks up your WIFI network. Then you set your iPad to play via Apple TV and then navigate to the FN website, login and play the video or the Live Stream. Just not sure about the LIVE part.

I have typically thought that in order to do the LIVE stuff that FLASH was needed. Perhaps HTML 5 is changing all that.

There are several ways.

First,does your computer have hdmi out? If so,connect your computer to your tv via hdmi and voila.

This is what I do...although I do have to turn the volume up ALOT on the TV..but otherwise, it works great...

I have typically done this with a laptop (Mac or PC). Using the HDMI link to your HDTV is the best way to go. You can buy an adapter to covert to HDMI at radio shack or best buy if you need to.

Using the iPad is risky. In the past DCI did not support live streaming on iPad or other tablets. I have been able to watch the VOD on my iPad, but usually not the LIVE Stream. Has this changed?

If so, then, yes, you can buy Apple TV ($99), that hooks into your TV via HDMI and it picks up your WIFI network. Then you set your iPad to play via Apple TV and then navigate to the FN website, login and play the video or the Live Stream. Just not sure about the LIVE part.

I have typically thought that in order to do the LIVE stuff that FLASH was needed. Perhaps HTML 5 is changing all that.

I have a related question: I tried to watch fan network streams on my Ipad and got the message telling me my device can not display html5 - is there an app or something for that?

• Like 1

Like others have said, best way is HDMI from PC to HDMI on TV, select the appropriate input on the TV. And for best practice, if you have a cable modem and wireless router, I would connect the cable modem directly to to the tv and not stream wireless...you will probably streaming issues, freeze ups, etc.