PED's In Drum Corps

Greenies in drumcorps I could see it

In baseball in theory it can generate quicker bat speed and power. Do you think faster speed in drumming? What I mean is can a drummer play faster on the drum head. I know tempo determines a lot in music so may not apply as a whole for the corps but what about for I&E. Could a drummer have an excessive amount of speed playing individually.

This is actually a really valid question. I'm surprised we haven't heard of this happening.

No. Its a dumb question. How in the world would PED's help someone play drums or horn better? If you are talking about stamina though, that's another story as speed was used by many people in many drum corps in the 1970's. Black Beauties, White Cross, etc...

• Like 3

No. Its a dumb question. How in the world would PED's help someone play drums or horn better? If you are talking about stamina though, that's another story as speed was used by many people in many drum corps in the 1970's. Black Beauties, White Cross, etc...

Let's expound on the dumb question. Should there be random drug testing for speed and other illegal drugs? Drum Corps is big business. It's not just a 70's issue. Are kids performing high?

• Like 3

Let's expound on the dumb question. Should there be random drug testing for speed and other illegal drugs? Drum Corps is big business. It's not just a 70's issue. Are kids performing high?

Stop trolling.

Drum Corps isn't "big business".

• Like 2

Why would anyone need PED's in drum corps? There isn't anything that can make you a better musician or more accurate marcher/guard performer. I guess it can build muscle faster for brass players, but it's weaker surface muscle instead of the deep muscles you actually use to hold your horn.

Adderall helps you concentrate for long periods of time. It is used a lot by college students (without prescriptions) to help with homework. I can certainly see it helping drum corps. I have no idea if anyone uses it, but I wouldn't be surprised if some did.

Adderall helps you concentrate for long periods of time. It is used a lot by college students (without prescriptions) to help with homework. I can certainly see it helping drum corps. I have no idea if anyone uses it, but I wouldn't be surprised if some did.

Valid point, I know it's common in colleges. I wonder how someone who took Adderall without the prescription would do in a drum corps rehearsal.